Combined Jewish Philanthropies (CJP), Boston's Jewish Federation, seeks a talented professional to fill the position of Vice President, Finance.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President / Chief Financial Officer, the Vice President, Finance will provide leadership, oversight and coordination of the day-to-day activities of the Finance department and be responsible for ensuring that the Finance department is proactively supporting CJP in meeting its financial objectives.
Work closely with the Senior Vice President / Chief Financial Officer in designing and taking primary responsibility for administering the following:
• Oversee operations of the finance department, working with the Director, Risk Management and Compliance and the Director, Development Finance
• Ensure proper oversight, recordkeeping and reporting related all of CJP’s investment portfolios
• Oversee and coordinate for the timely and accurate delivery of CJP’s annual audit, the annual audit of the Jewish Community Endowment Pool, LLP (JCEP)and all relevant tax filings for CJP, JCEP and all related entities
• Manage the preparation of all financial reports, including financial outlooks and multi-year financial forecasts and work with Planning and Development to create detailed programmatic budgets that sync with revenue forecasts
• Recommend benchmarks for measuring CJP’s financial and operating performance, and monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget
• Support the work of the Budget and Administration Committee and Audit Committee. Responsible for the timely development and presentation of all relevant materials
• Oversee and participate in the production all information and documents necessary to support financial presentations for other Committees as required. Participate as Finance representative at Committee meetings as directed, including the Committee on Development, the Commission on Strategic Priorities and the Investment Committee
• Oversee and implement CJP’s cash management strategy and financing arrangements, including capital/debt financing strategy
• Work in conjunction with senior organizational leadership in the development and management of CJP’s overall resource allocation budget
• Play lead role in coordinating the Finance department management team in the establishment and implementation of short and long term departmental goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures
• Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure to effectively accomplish the departments goals and objectives
• Work with department managers to develop business plans and manage budgets
• Oversee CJP’s risk assessment process and related monitoring
• Participate in CJP’s Business Continuity and disaster preparedness processes
• Serve as a resource to CJP and community partners providing consultation and assistance where appropriate, including agency financial reviews
• Leverage the strengths of the current Finance team, providing training, development and supervision in order to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals
• Provide leadership and act as a role model in strengthening internal communication with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment
• Provide evaluation and recommendations on CJP’s financial control environment, including ongoing evaluation of relationship between CareGroup investment office and CJP
• Evaluate and make recommendations regarding the use the of technology in Finance department
• Provide finance and accounting policy orientation to new staff
• Other duties and special projects as assigned with or without accommodation
• BA/BS in accounting Finance, or Business; MA/MS/MBA preferred. CPA strongly preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years experience in a mid to senior level finance or accounting position; both public accounting and private industry or non-profit experience preferred.
• Staff management experience required.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of financial accounting policies, procedures and standards.
• Logic, problem solving and analytical skills.
• In- depth knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Knowledge of financial management and budgeting.
• Strong supervisory skills.
• Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
• Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
• Ability to develop strategic internal and external relationships and maintain confidentiality
• Ability to develop and implement effective accounting policies and procedures.
• Excellent problem solving skills; demonstrated collaboration and follow through skills.
• Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
• Small and large project/program orientation
• Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
• Ability to prioritize tasks, balance multiple assignments and meet deadlines
• Knowledge of the Jewish community a plus.
CJP brings together the people, partners and resources to fulfill the most important needs and aspirations of our community. Along with a comprehensive benefits package, this position provides a dedicated team environment while being a part of one of Boston’s premier philanthropic organizations.
To apply, email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about CJP, go to www.cjp.org
CJP is an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities, women, veterans, people of color, and GLBT people are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.