Full-time, Greater Boston Area (Newton, MA); position available immediately
Salary range: $45,000-$50,000
About Mayyim Hayyim
Mayyim Hayyim Living Waters Community Mikveh and Paula Brody & Family Education Center is a vibrant center for spirituality and learning at the forefront of Jewish ritual innovation and pluralism. We’re making the ancient Jewish practice of mikveh (ritual immersion) more open and accessible to the full spectrum of the contemporary Jewish community. In addition to operating a community mikveh in Boston, we’re bringing engaging, experiential educational programs to individuals and organizations across the country, and building the burgeoning field of Open Mikveh by supporting mikveh projects around the world.
About the role
The Administrative Assistant will be critical to the success of Mayyim Hayyim’s day-to-day programs and operations. They are the key to keeping the wheels turning and ensuring that everything functions smoothly. Their work to ensure accurate data tracking supports strategic decision-making, and their support to our whole team means our guests and participants always have a positive experience.
You’re a pro at prioritizing and thrive while balancing multiple projects. You’re a great collaborator and excellent verbal and written communicator. You’re all about systems and efficiency. You’re creative and solutions-oriented. You enjoy behind-the-scenes work and knowing that you’re the reason everything works. You’re detail-oriented and always find (and care about) the typo. You provide excellent customer service.
Mayyim Hayyim explicitly seeks to build a diverse staff and candidates from communities who have been marginalized are particularly encouraged to apply.
About your team
We’re currently hiring for 2 positions who will be joining a growing staff of 6. We work hard and set high expectations for ourselves, but we love to laugh with each other (sometimes we’re pretty irreverent) and bring our whole selves to work. We celebrate joyous occasions and take care of each other when times get tough. We care about making the Jewish world more accessible and inclusive.
You’ll report to the Director of Administration. With the communications professional we’re also hiring, you’ll join our Operations team, and you will also work closely with every staff person across all teams.
About the process
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume (PDF only) to email@example.com.
We will accept applications on a rolling basis, although we will begin reviewing materials on 11/15/2021. Candidates who we are initially interested in will schedule a short, 15-20 minute phone screen the weeks of Nov. 29 & Dec. 6. Those who move will schedule an hour-long Zoom interview the weeks of Dec. 13 & 20. The Director of Administration and the Chief Operations and Advancement Officer will conduct the interviews. Candidates will then be asked to complete a short set of tasks (less than 30 minutes; you will not be asked to produce original work), to provide references, may have a final interview with other staff. Please note that our hiring process is not necessarily linear; we may not contact you immediately but we commit to responding to all candidates during the process.
Job Responsibilities may include:
• Overseeing all data entry in Salesforce, including but not limited to entering donation and program participant information, ensuring data is accurate and up-to-date, and running reports
• Processing donations and donor acknowledgments
• Working with other staff to reconcile financial and program data
• Supporting staff by using Mayyim Hayyim’s various program tools, such as a scheduling system, volunteer management system, and survey tools; liaising with the companies who provide these tools when needed
• Serving as a community concierge, answering general inquiry phone calls and emails
• Collecting and printing materials for meetings and programs
• Working with the Director of Administration to provide general office support
• Supporting senior staff with correspondence, scheduling, and special projects as needed
• Other tasks as needed
Essential skills/qualifications (must-haves):
• Experience in an office setting
• Experience with CRMs/databases
• Excellent computer skills and the ability to learn new software quickly
• Excellent organization skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information
• Passion for Mayyim Hayyim’s mission
Preferred skills/qualifications (nice-to-haves)
• Experience in non-profit administration or related field
• Specific experience with Salesforce, FormAssembly, Excel
• Passion for systems improvement
The salary range for this position is $45,000 - $50,000, commensurate with experience.
• Health care plans for individuals, couples, and families
• Progressive vacation beginning with 2 weeks and up to 4 weeks by your fourth year on staff
• 4 personal days and 8 sick days, with the ability to roll over up to 5 sick days per year
• 7 federal/state holidays off, plus all Jewish holidays, flexible leave early for Shabbat policies
• Paid parental leave
• Fully covered short-term disability and life insurance
This position is available to Boston-based candidates and entails certain on-site responsibilities. Mayyim Hayyim is not able to sponsor work visas at this time. This role will be considered part of the local staff and participate in our hybrid work model where local staff are currently working on-site at least one day per week (Thursdays), with additional days as needed according to the role. Staff offices are up 1-2 flights of stairs.
Mayyim Hayyim employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, with allowances for medical exemptions. Visit our website to learn about our current COVID-19 protocols.