Gateways provides high quality special education services, expertise, and support to enable students with diverse learning needs to succeed in Jewish educational settings and participate meaningfully in Jewish life. As we continue to grow and expand our offerings both within the greater Boston area and beyond, the part-time Administrative Coordinator position is an opportunity to support and ensure the success of a key growth area: our professional development offerings to educators.
Working in close partnership with the Director of Professional Development and Consultation, the Administrative Coordinator has an essential role in ensuring that those reaching out to and interacting with Gateways experience the warmth, inclusiveness, and responsiveness which are at the core of who we are and what we do. This position provides an excellent learning and growth opportunity and visibility into the workings of a nimble and dynamic non-profit. This is a year-round, 10-15 hours/week position.
Duties and Responsibilities (note – our office operates remotely with in-person office space available as needed)
The Administrative Coordinator’s primary responsibilities are to ensure the smooth and effective functioning of our professional development work.
* Serve as initial point of contact for institutions interested in Gateways’ professional learning and consultation offerings.
* Serve as primary point person for partner institutions (e.g., religious/supplementary schools, early learning centers) on matters related to management of their contracted agreements.
* Foster positive relationships, offering outreach and collaboration to each new and continuing partner institution.
* Track service provisions against expectations and make adjustments to contracts as needed.
* Partner with Student Services Financial Administrator to enable accurate and timely invoicing.
* Support program evaluation for professional services provided.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Energetic, positive self- starter with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work creatively and flexibly.
* Strong project management skills, with the ability to ensure big picture successes through the careful management of essential details from start to finish.
* Proficiency in utilizing technology to complete work efficiently, including use of Microsoft Office suite. Other technical skills/experience including comfort in utilizing databases are a plus.
* Ability to balance multiple priorities with good judgment.
* Professionalism and sensitivity in interacting with a diverse population.
* An understanding of and a willingness to contribute to our mission and vision.
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience required.
* This is a year-round, 10-15 hours/week position, compensated at an hourly rate of $18-20/hr depending on experience.
* Gateways is based in Newton, MA, with year-round staff working mainly remotely and office space available as needed for in-person work. Because responsibilities for this position include support of meetings and professional development which will be offered in person in the Boston area, local residency is preferred.
* Benefits for this part-time position include paid time off and the opportunity to participate in a flexible spending account and SIMPLE IRA retirement plan.
How to Apply:
* Cover letters and resumes will be accepted only through our online system at http://tinyurl.com/gatewaysjobs. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis until position is filled.
* Gateways believes in the essentiality of a diverse workforce. We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals, including people of color, women, people with disabilities, immigrants, LGBTQIA people, and people who come from low income or working-class backgrounds. We encourage you to apply without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, medical condition, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state, or local laws. We know that the candidate who fits best may not meet 100% of the qualifications.
* Gateways will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. The interview process for this position will be conducted via Zoom. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
About the Organization:
For more information visit our web site at www.jgateways.org.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree Required and 0-2 years of experience.