Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. We bring together the resources, volunteers, leadership, and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and ensure a vibrant Jewish future. Together, we're helping struggling families find financial stability, making Jewish learning relevant and inclusive, connecting the next generation to Jewish life, and so much more. Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners and leaders who help make Greater Boston’s Jewish community a welcoming home. It’s this energy and commitment that drive CJP’s mission. We are one of Boston's oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations and we are currently seeking an Assistant on our Leadership and Board Development team.
The Leadership and Board Development Associate will perform dedicated administrative duties, general clerical support, and special projects on an ad hoc basis for the Leadership and Board Development (LBD) Department. Primarily, this includes coordinating all logistical aspects for the Board of Directors, Governance and Nominating Committee, and Volunteer Engagement pilots. It also includes overseeing volunteer recognition activities and supporting volunteer placement/committee population.
This Associate will have opportunities to work independently within a strong team dedicated to providing exceptional service to CJP’s Board of Directors as well as volunteer and staff leadership.
- Coordinate logistical aspects of Board of Directors meetings, Governance and Nominating Committee meetings, and volunteer engagement pilots including scheduling, ordering food, communication with attendees, and coordinating materials
- Coordinate Board Meeting materials on a monthly basis with multiple stakeholders and presenters, including soliciting materials, compiling and reviewing for accuracy and consistency
- Attend Board meetings with responsibility for attendance, A/V support, speaker coordination and taking and writing Board minutes
- Support the Governance and Nominating Committee by preparing materials and organizing information related to the nomination and committee pipeline processes, coordinating educational opportunities for Board members, including logistical support for UpClose sessions and Mini Missions, and supporting additional tasks and projects as they arise.
- Provide support for Volunteer Engagement pilot projects, including drafting materials, coordinating stakeholder meetings, and helping to track deliverables and project deadlines for internal and external partners.
- Assist with volunteer placements and committee population process by preparing and reviewing materials, supporting volunteer opportunity creation and population requests, utilizing CJP’s database to prepare information and reports, gathering information from and following up with others in the organization.
- Assist in maintaining volunteer involvement data in Maven and develop expertise in relevant parts of Maven.
- Support departmental efforts to identify rising CJP leaders in need of engagement strategy; collaborate with LBD colleagues and other stakeholders to develop and implement the strategy plans.
- Lead volunteer recognition program, including awards (Circle of Excellence and Superstars), appreciation, communication and recognition activities, including the Volunteer Insider e-newsletter, end-of-year Thank You letter and other volunteer outreach activities.
- Write and edit emails, letters, invitations, and other communication materials; maintain complete paper and electronic records
- Interact with CJP senior leadership, Board members, volunteers and cross-functional internal staff in a prompt, courteous and accurate manner
- Take the lead on specific projects as determined in conjunction with rest of the team, including implementing new systems across the department
- Provide administrative support to team members and meet with them on a regular basis to review current and upcoming projects and to prioritize workload
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation
- Higher education degree or administrative/business training preferred
- 2-3 years of related office experience
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and CRM databases
- Familiarity with WebEx preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities at one time and meet deadlines
- Ability to take initiative, problem solve and proactively move projects forward
- Ability to author and accurately proofread documents and correspondence
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Commitment to accuracy and follow through
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively work with stakeholders to provide materials in a timely manner
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, creative, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes and shifting priorities.
- Understanding of the Boston non-profit community a plus
- Interest in CJP mission and familiarity with the Jewish community is a plus
- Once or twice monthly availability for early morning or evening meetings
CJP offers that rare opportunity to tap your skills, talents, and experience to benefit a greater good while you grow professionally. You will work in a dynamic environment, with a diverse group of individuals who share your commitment and enthusiasm. Together, you will make a difference for Jews and non-Jews in Greater Boston and worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a collegial, family-friendly work and team environment.
For more information about CJP, go to www.cjp.org.
Please use this link to apply: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2561188
CJP conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
CJP is an equal opportunity employer.People with disabilities, women, veterans, people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.