Maimonides School, a coeducational Modern Orthodox Jewish day school in Brookline, Massachusetts, is conducting a search to recruit a hands-on, self-directed and experienced Controller. The Controller is responsible for the accounting operations of the school, to include producing periodic financial reports, maintaining an adequate system of accounting and financial records, and ensuring a set of controls and budgets which will enhance the accuracy of the school’s financial reports. The Controller will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
The successful candidate will bring:
• A minimum of seven years of financial services experience, including minimum of 3 years supervisory experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
• Strong systems skills, advanced Excel and Analytical skills.
• Impeccable accuracy and attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills, clear written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience in nonprofit and/or independent schools is preferred.
• Experience with Veracross and QuickBooks applications
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree Required and 6-9 years of experience.