Gateways: Access to Jewish Education provides high quality special education services, expertise, and support to enable students with diverse learning needs to succeed in Jewish educational settings and participate meaningfully in Jewish life. We are seeking a dedicated and detail-oriented part-time Development Assistant to join our team. This role will provide essential support to our development efforts, assisting in fundraising activities, donor relations, event planning, and administrative tasks. The ideal candidate is organized, possesses excellent communication skills, thrives in a collaborative environment, and is passionate about contributing to an organization dedicated to providing inclusive educational opportunities within the Jewish community.
- Assist in organizing and implementing fundraising campaigns, including donor outreach and solicitation efforts.
- Maintain accurate donor databases and records, and track and report key fundraising metrics.
- Ensure timely, professional communication (verbal and written) with current and prospective donors.
- Manage gift acknowledgment process and invoice processing on a regular basis.
- Support development team and outside event planner in coordinating and executing fundraising events.
- Collaborate with development team to create compelling fundraising materials, reports, and presentations.
- Assist with preparation of materials for Director of Development in advance of Board of Trustee meetings and other events.
- Provide administrative support, such as scheduling meetings, managing calendars, and handling correspondence.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent.
- 1-3 years experience in development, fundraising, or nonprofit administration is preferred. Previous experience working with donor databases a plus.
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly with donors and key stakeholders.
- Discretion and professionalism including a demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team-oriented environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and donor management software (e.g., Salesforce, Virtuous, Bloomerang). Familiarity with WordPress, Canva, and Constant Contact a plus.
- This is a year-round, 20-hour/week position, with a salary range of $20,000-25,000 based on experience.
- Gateways is based in Newton, MA, with year-round staff working mainly remotely and office space available as needed for in-person work. Because responsibilities for this position include support of meetings and professional development which will be offered in person in the Boston area, local residency is preferred.
- Benefits for this part-time position include paid time off and the opportunity to participate in a flexible spending account and SIMPLE IRA retirement plan.
How to Apply:
- Cover letters and resumes will be accepted only through our online system at http://tinyurl.com/gatewaysjobs. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis until position is filled.
- Gateways believes in the essentiality of a diverse workforce. We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals, including people of color, women, people with disabilities, immigrants, LGBTQIA people, and people who come from low income or working-class backgrounds. We encourage you to apply without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, medical condition, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state, or local laws. We know that the candidate who fits best may not meet 100% of the qualifications.
- Gateways will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. The interview process for this position will be conducted via Zoom. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.