Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. We bring together the resources, volunteers, leadership, and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and ensure a vibrant Jewish future. Together, we're helping struggling families find financial stability, making Jewish learning relevant and inclusive, connecting the next generation to Jewish life, and so much more. Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners and leaders who help make Greater Boston’s Jewish community a welcoming home. It’s this energy and commitment that drive CJP’s mission. We are one of Boston's oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations and we are currently seeking a Development Officer, Campaign Leadership Engagement.
The Development Officer, Campaign Leadership Engagement works closely with the Director of Campaign Leadership Engagement and Vice President of Development to enhance the leadership and philanthropic experience across CJP’s donor base. The Development Officer leverages and manages volunteer leadership to support resource development efforts. They partner with colleagues across Development to streamline internal communications and effectively manage the work of CJP’s Campaign Leadership. In addition to Leadership Engagement efforts, they maintain a donor and prospect portfolio to directly impact CJP’s annual campaign. This position sits within the Individual Giving Team of Development and plays a key role in furthering CJP’s ambitious fundraising goals.
- Supports current and select past Campaign Co-chairs in their work through coordinating meetings, developing agendas, providing weekly campaign status updates, reviewing donor/prospect lists, and managing the donor acknowledgement process.
- Manages engagement opportunities for the stewardship and education of current and potential volunteer Campaign leaders.
- Supports CJP’s Campaign Cabinet, which is comprised of senior level volunteers who partner with CJP staff to strategize around, connect with, and at times solicit donors and prospects.
- Works with individual Campaign Cabinet members to identify and execute opportunities where they can leverage their personal networks and relationships to further fundraising goals. This may include hosting parlor meetings, partnering on solicitation strategies, making introductions to professional staff and personal solicitation outreach.
- Oversees and handles communication with approximately 100 Campaign volunteers regarding their yearly solicitations.
- Drives internal launch and oversees ongoing maintenance and management of Campaign Leadership Tracking and Measurement Portal.
- Leverages Campaign Portal to maintain tracking and measurement system to evaluate the effectiveness of expanded campaign volunteer efforts and development engagement opportunities.
- Serves as a liaison between Campaign Leadership and their assigned CJP Development Officer.
- Maintains a portfolio of CJP donors and prospects with cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation strategies for each individual.
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent knowledge or experience.
- 1-3 years of experience in development or related field, with an emphasis on program coordination, annual campaign work or donor relations.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and writing skills; self-motivation, ability to work effectively as part of a team; sense of humor.
- Ability to work proactively, independently, creatively, and flexibly in a dynamic environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Windows environment, including MS Word, Excel, Database Management (we use a Blackbaud Product).
- Capacity to manage and organize confidential information.
Available to work evenings on occasion.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes and shifting priorities.
- Strong personal commitment to the CJP mission
- Knowledge of the Jewish community a plus.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods, much of which will be working at a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
CJP offers that rare opportunity to tap your skills, talents, and experience to benefit a greater good while you grow professionally. You will work in a dynamic environment, with a diverse group of individuals who share your commitment and enthusiasm. Together, you will make a difference for Jews and non-Jews in Greater Boston and worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a collegial, family-friendly work and team environment.
For more information about CJP, go to www.cjp.org.
Please use this link to apply:https://secure6.saashr.com/ta/6178095.careers?ShowJob=403055169
CJP conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
CJP is an equal opportunity employer.People with disabilities, women, veterans, black, indigenous and people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.