Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. Ranked by BBJ as Massachusetts’ largest non-profit organization – CJP is a philanthropic investor and mobilizer of people, resources, and skills that make a bigger difference locally and globally. We focus on making Jewish life and learning accessible to all individuals and families in Boston and beyond. We thoughtfully invest in the care and well-being of all community members. And we provide stability and growth to nonprofit organizations and institutions that underpin our community. Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners, and leaders who help make Greater Boston’s Jewish community a welcoming home. It’s this energy and commitment that drive CJP’s mission. We are one of Boston's oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations and we are currently seeking a Development Officer.
The Development Officer will be part of a dynamic team tasked with advancing the ongoing strategic direction of CJP’s resource development efforts. This person will develop and implement best practices to cultivate integrated philanthropic relationships focusing on the annual campaign, legacy giving, supplemental giving and CJP’s donor advised fund program. This position is a member of the Individual Giving team and plays a crucial role in furthering CJP’s ambitious fundraising goals through management of a ~100 donor portfolio. They will work closely with the Senior Director of Growth Philanthropy, Major Gifts to help develop and implement strategies and initiatives/events for identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of high-capacity major donors and major donor prospects.
· Support and build upon the organization's strategy to identify and attract new donors as well as retain and increase giving among existing donors though targeted cohort-based events, programmatic activities and leadership experiences.
· Work in partnership with development colleagues to develop and execute cohort-based engagement strategies and initiatives including but not limited to missions, programs and events with a specific goal to convert prospects to donors.
· Manage a portfolio of individual donors and prospects—establishing and maintaining strong personal relationships through cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
· Develop sophisticated moves management plans to advance donors’ relationships with CJP, utilizing all available donor engagement and involvement opportunities.
· Solicit gifts directly and prepare other senior colleagues, the president, and volunteer leadership for solicitations.
· BA/BS or equivalent experience.
· 2-3 years successful experience in development or related field, with an emphasis on fundraising and donor relations.
CJP offers that rare opportunity to tap your skills, talents, and experience to benefit a greater good while you grow professionally. You will work in a dynamic environment, with a diverse group of individuals who share your commitment and enthusiasm. Together, you will make a difference for Jews and non-Jews in Greater Boston and worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a collegial, family-friendly work and team environment.
For more information about CJP, go to www.cjp.org.
Please use this link to apply:
CJP conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
CJP is an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities, women, veterans, black, indigenous and people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.