Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. We bring together the resources, volunteers, leadership, and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and ensure a vibrant Jewish future. Together, we're helping struggling families find financial stability, making Jewish learning relevant and inclusive, connecting the next generation to Jewish life, and so much more. Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners and leaders who help make Greater Boston’s Jewish community a welcoming home. It’s this energy and commitment that drive CJP’s mission. We are one of Boston's oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations and we are currently seeking a Development Officer, Philanthropic Connections.
CJP’s Development department consists of a vibrant and innovative team of committed professionals. A Development Officer on the Philanthropic Connections team will be a central member of this team, with a vision to help develop and manage creative event experiences to engage various segments of donor/prospect populations in service of philanthropy and fostering a stronger connection to CJP. Working collaboratively with a wide array of professional and volunteer leaders, this position will manage a robust portfolio of offerings, in addition to a donor portfolio of current and future donors, in support of CJP’s overarching mission.
- Create, plan, implement, and staff events and/or special projects in support of fundraising priorities and leadership engagement. This includes events, committee meetings and other projects as needed.
- Works collaboratively with other staff on various philanthropic programs and events
- Works collaboratively with AVP of Philanthropic Connections and other CJP Professionals and volunteers to develop programs that advance the mission of CJP.
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 50 - 80 donors and prospects including establishing and maintaining strong personal relationships through cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Solicit gifts directly and prepare other senior colleagues, including professional and volunteer leadership for solicitations.
- Work and contribute to a team of highly motivated development professionals.
- Work in partnership with campaign leadership to identify, solicit and steward donors and prospects.
- Work collaboratively with other CJP professionals, as well as colleagues at community organizations, synagogues, agencies, and day schools as needed to enhance work.
- Possess up-to-date awareness of program priorities throughout the Jewish community.
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent knowledge or experience.
- 1-3 years’ experience in development.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience managing events.
- Capacity to manage and organize confidential information.
- Proficient in Windows environment, including MS Word, Excel; Technical proficiency in use of databases and the internet
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and writing skills; self-motivation, ability to work effectively as part of a team, sense of humor;
- Ability to work independently, creatively, and flexibly in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes and shifting priorities.
- Strong personal commitment to the CJP mission.
- Knowledge of Jewish community a plus.
CJP offers that rare opportunity to tap your skills, talents, and experience to benefit a greater good while you grow professionally. You will work in a dynamic environment, with a diverse group of individuals who share your commitment and enthusiasm. Together, you will make a difference for Jews and non-Jews in Greater Boston and worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a collegial, family-friendly work and team environment.
For more information about CJP, go to www.cjp.org.
Please use this link to apply: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=3435025
CJP conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
CJP is an equal opportunity employer.People with disabilities, women, veterans, black, indigenous and people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.