Director of Development, Chelsea Jewish Lifecare
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is seeking a self-motivated Director of Development. Working with the CEO Emeritus, this role is responsible for creating a robust and multi-faceted development strategy that will help grow Chelsea Jewish’s annual fundraising efforts.
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is looking for someone with a measurable record of accomplishment and the development skills, enthusiasm, and knowledge of the Boston Jewish community to help the organization set and achieve or exceed our fundraising goals. This position will be salaried and 40 hours per week. After an initial in-person onboarding period, a split in-person/remote schedule will be determined.
This position will help drive the organization’s fundraising efforts, including supporting the CEO Emeritus on all fundraising activities, soliciting gifts, creating and executing cultivation and stewardship activities, supporting any ongoing or future capital campaigns, researching and stewarding donors, and growing annual fundraising.
Essential Functions include:
• Works in partnership with the CEO Emeritus and other stakeholders to create overarching strategic and tactical Development plans that align with larger organizational objectives. These strategies will include annual campaign goals, donor acquisition and retention plans, direct mail and other broad community campaigns, capital campaigns, endowment opportunities, corporate and foundation giving, marketing materials, and volunteer engagement, as needed.
• Identifies, cultivates, and solicits a portfolio of prospects, donors, and corporate/ foundation opportunities through meetings, targeted communication, and outreach. Sets specific metrics around increased giving, expanding the pipeline, and securing new gifts for themselves and others, as appropriate. Helps draft grant applications, as needed.
• Creates and executes donor stewardship plan for donors of various levels, including printed material, electronic communications, social media, and smaller events in coordination with organization marketing personnel and in consultation with key stakeholders.
• Uses online and other tools to identify key prospects within Chelsea Jewish Lifecare and the broader community and populates call and visit lists for CEO, CEO Emeritus and others.
• Partners with the Finance Department and other colleagues to create or refine internal systems and policies for gift processing, acknowledgement, and reporting, as well as external vehicles for donor stewardship and recognition. Oversees data entry, fundraising report writing and generation, and all aspects of donor management software.
• Promotes a Development culture throughout the organization, identifying opportunities to both raise funds directly as well as imbue every aspect of the Chelsea Jewish Lifecare with a philanthropic culture mindset.
This position requires:
• At least 5+ years of experience in a fundraising role (direct frontline fundraising, fundraising events, and/or donor research)
• Bachelor’s degree
• excellent interpersonal skills, interacting with both colleagues and potential donors
• a strong results orientation
• professional presence including the ability to become a well-respected and well-liked ambassador for Chelsea Jewish Lifecare
• strong verbal and written communication skills, experience or familiarity with grant writing preferred
• the ability to establish priorities, set objectives and achieve stated goals
• a creative, energetic and highly self-motivated mindset
• strong organizational and research skills including the ability to generate, document and interpret data
• deep knowledge of the Boston Jewish community
• PC literacy with strong competency in all Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
• demonstrated ability to work with and maintain confidential information
An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Must be able to:
• work evenings, weekends or irregular hours as necessary to interact with donors and prospects and attend relevant meetings and events.
• work on site and staff events in person
• lift and carry up to 25 lbs (e.g. boxes of supplies for events)
ABOUT CHELSEA JEWISH LIFECARE
Rooted in the Jewish tradition but welcoming of all faiths and backgrounds, the Chelsea Jewish Lifecare consistently provides high-quality, compassionate care, while focusing on the development of innovative programs and services that enable individuals to live as independently as possible.
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree Preferred and 6-9 years of experience.