Gateways: Access to Jewish Education provides high-quality special education services, expertise, and support to enable students with diverse learning needs to succeed in Jewish educational settings and participate meaningfully in Jewish life. As we continue to grow and expand our offerings both within the greater Boston area and beyond, the Early Learning Special Education PD Coach works to provide expertise to Jewish early learning centers in the areas of child development and inclusive practices. Gateways’ coaches each work to provide customized support, professional development and guidance as requested by our partner schools. This position reports to the Director of Professional Learning and Consultation.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Early Learning Special Education Professional Development Coach primary responsibilities will include:
• Developing curriculum;
• Providing professional development to educators;
• Coaching directors, developmental specialists, or teachers;
• Observing preschool settings and providing consulting services; and
• Other duties as contracted.
In addition to completing the tasks needed to successfully coach, provide professional development and/or offer consultations, successful candidate will also have the following expectations:
a. Respond in a timely fashion to emails and phone calls with the Director of Professional Development and Consultation.
b. Be responsive and communicate efficiently with early learning center directors.
2. Provide notes and other relevant information from coaching, PD sessions and peer reflection sessions to Director of Professional Development and Consultation.
• Experience in early childhood and special education required;
• BA/BS degree in early childhood and special education or a related field
• MA/MS or equivalent experience in early childhood and special education or a related field
• Experience in Jewish education preferred
• Knowledge of Jewish holidays, customs, and traditions preferred
• Candidates hoping to also provide staff trainings should have:
• Experience teaching/coaching adults
• Experience in the development of curricula or workshops aimed at adults
• This is a contract position. Early Learning Special Education PD Coach will be hired on an as needed basis for projects and professional development opportunities.
How to Apply:
• Cover letters and resumes will be accepted only through our online system at http://tinyurl.com/gatewaysjobs. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis until position is filled.
• Gateways believes in the essentiality of a diverse workforce. We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals, including people of color, women, people with disabilities, immigrants, LGBTQIA people, and people who come from low income or working-class backgrounds. We encourage you to apply without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, medical condition, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state, or local laws. We know that the candidate who fits best may not meet 100% of the qualifications.
• Gateways will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. The interview process for this position will be conducted via Zoom. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
About the Organization:
For more information visit our web site at www.jgateways.org.