Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. We bring together the resources, volunteers, leadership, and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and ensure a vibrant Jewish future. Together, we're helping struggling families find financial stability, making Jewish learning relevant and inclusive, connecting the next generation to Jewish life, and so much more. Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners and leaders who help make Greater Boston’s Jewish community a welcoming home. It’s this energy and commitment that drive CJP’s mission. We are one of Boston's oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations and we are currently seeking an Executive Assistant.
The primary role of the Executive Assistant is to provide support for the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and the Associate Vice President (AVP), Board and Volunteer Leadership and Engagement. The Executive Assistant also provides ongoing administrative support for the executive office requiring extensive exercise of independent judgment. Regularly handles complex assignments, while maintaining a high level of professionalism, communication, and confidentiality in interactions with Executive Team (ET), Leadership Team (LT), staff, outside agencies, volunteer leadership and major donors requiring discretion, judgment, tact, and diplomacy.
The position may also provide support to the COO in developing and writing internal communications and updating CJP’s Employee Engagement intranet site.
- Provides professional administrative support to the COO including extensive material development and follow-up for internal and external meetings
- Serves as principal liaison between COO, and ET, LT, and staff
- Provides administrative support for ET and LT meetings including minutes, material preparation and tracking deliverables
- Provides administrative support to the AVP, including tracking of deliverables and ensuring coordination of priorities and deadlines between COO and Leadership and Board Development team (including meeting preparation and materials review)
- Coordinates and schedules meetings and events, manages various projects and proposals, and performs other tasks as needed
- Manages/tracks expenses and prepares expense reports for COO and AVP
- Provides administrative and operational support for discreet initiatives within CJP
- Writes internal communications and updates for CJP’s intranet site
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent business experience
- 7+ years of professional administrative support with a minimum of 3 years supporting C-level executives
- Ability to demonstrate discretion in handling confidential data and dealing with high level executives.
- 3+ years’ experience writing internal or external communications
- Experience in an institution with significant philanthropy is highly desirable
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills, project management, time management skills and attention to detail with the flexibility to effectively manage multiple and competing priorities in a fast-paced working environment and with short turnaround time
- Excellent computer skills and advanced Microsoft Office Suite experience – specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Professional interpersonal (written, listening and oral) skills and demeanor
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, customer-focused, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong understanding of CJP internal organization or experience working inside a complex, matrixed organization
- Familiarity with CJP lay leadership organization, Governance and Bylaws or related experience in another non-profit organization
- Commitment to donor service
- Ability to author and accurately proofread documents and correspondence
- Ability to work on independent projects, manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment and to respond resourcefully under varying conditions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Aptitude for detail and commitment to accuracy and follow through
- Proactive and creative problem-solving approach
- Ability to write internal communications
- Occasional availability to work early morning or evening meetings
CJP offers that rare opportunity to tap your skills, talents, and experience to benefit a greater good while you grow professionally. You will work in a dynamic environment, with a diverse group of individuals who share your commitment and enthusiasm. Together, you will make a difference for Jews and non-Jews in Greater Boston and worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a collegial, family-friendly work and team environment.
For more information about CJP, go to www.cjp.org.
Please use this link to apply: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2329721
CJP conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
CJP is an equal opportunity employer.People with disabilities, women, veterans, people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.