Full-time, Greater Boston Area (Newton, MA)
Application review begins September 7, 2022; ideal start date mid-October, 2022
About Mayyim Hayyim
Mayyim Hayyim Living Waters Community Mikveh and Paula Brody & Family Education Center is a vibrant center for spirituality and learning at the forefront of Jewish ritual innovation and pluralism. We’re making the ancient Jewish practice of mikveh (ritual immersion) more open and accessible to the full spectrum of the contemporary Jewish community. In addition to operating a community mikveh in Boston, we’re bringing engaging, experiential educational programs to individuals and organizations across the country, and building the burgeoning field of Open Mikveh by supporting mikveh projects around the world through our Rising Tide Open Waters Mikveh Network.
About the role
The Executive Assistant will be critical to the success of Mayyim Hayyim’s day-to-day office and executive operations. They are the key to keeping the wheels turning and ensuring that these operations function smoothly. Their work to ensure accurate data tracking supports strategic decision-making, and their support on behalf of our CEO means our organization can function as effectively as possible.
You’re a pro at prioritizing and anticipating needs. You thrive while balancing multiple projects. You’re detail-oriented and always find (and care about) the typo. You’re a great collaborator and excellent verbal and written communicator. You enjoy behind-the-scenes work and knowing that you’re the reason everything functions well. You provide excellent customer service.
Mayyim Hayyim explicitly seeks to build a diverse staff and candidates from communities who have been marginalized are particularly encouraged to apply.
About your team You will be joining a staff of 9. We work hard and set high expectations for ourselves, and we love to laugh with each other (sometimes we’re pretty irreverent) and bring our whole selves to work. We celebrate joyous occasions and take care of each other when times get tough. We care about making the Jewish world more accessible and inclusive. You’ll be the 5th member of our Operations team. You will report to the Director of Administration, and will also work very closely with the CEO.
About the process
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume (PDF only) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will accept applications on a rolling basis, although we will begin reviewing materials on 9/7/2022. Candidates who we are initially interested in will schedule a short, 15-20 minute phone screen the week of 9/12. Those who move on will schedule an hour-long Zoom interview between 9/19-9/30. The Director of Administration and the Chief Operations and Advancement Officer will conduct the interviews. Candidates will then be asked to complete a short set of tasks (less than 30 minutes; you will not be asked to produce original work), provide references, and have a final interview with the CEO the week of 10/3, with an ideal start date in mid- to late October. Please note our hiring process is not necessarily linear; we may not contact you immediately but we commit to responding to all candidates during the process.
Job Responsibilities may include:
• About 40% – Executive Support to the CEO
o Supporting with correspondence and email
o Meeting support such as calendaring with individuals, committees, and the Board of Directors, scheduling the CEO’s work blocks, preparing materials, notetaking, and tracking action items
o Support, preparation, taking minutes, and follow-up for board meetings
o Special projects as needed
• About 40% – Data Entry & Management
o Overseeing all data entry in Salesforce, including but not limited to entering donation and program information, ensuring data is accurate and up-to-date, and running reports
o Processing donations and donor acknowledgments
o Processing invoices and memberships
o Working with other staff to reconcile financial and program data
• About 20% – General office support
Essential skills/qualifications (must-haves):
• Experience in an office setting
• Experience with administrative or executive support
• Experience with CRMs/databases
• Excellent computer skills and the ability to learn new software quickly
• Impeccable organization skills
• Strong communication skills, possessing an ability to write with clarity and warmth
• Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information
• Passion for Mayyim Hayyim’s mission
Preferred skills/qualifications (nice-to-haves)
• 3+ years’ experience providing correspondence and calendar support to a senior staff leader
• Experience in non-profit administration or related field
• Specific experience with Salesforce, FormAssembly, Excel, Asana
The salary range for this position is $52,000-$57,000, commensurate with experience.
• Health care plans for individuals, couples, and families, including access to FSA and DCFSA plans
• Progressive vacation beginning with 2 weeks and up to 4 weeks by your fourth year on staff
• 4 personal days and 8 sick days, with the ability to roll over up to 5 sick days per year
• 7 federal/state holidays off, plus all Jewish holidays, flexible leave early for Shabbat policies
• 12 weeks paid parental leave, beginning after 3 months of employment
• Fully covered short-term disability and life insurance
This position is available to Boston-based candidates and entails certain on-site responsibilities. Mayyim Hayyim is not able to sponsor work visas at this time. This role will be considered part of the local staff and participate in our hybrid work model where local staff are currently working on-site at least 2 days per week (including Thursdays), with additional days as needed according to the role. Staff offices are up 1-2 flights of stairs. Mayyim Hayyim employees must be up-to-date with COVID-19 vaccinations, with allowances for medical exemptions. Visit www.mayyimhayyim.org/covid-19-protocols to learn about our current COVID-19 protocols.