Gateways: Access to Jewish Education provides high quality special education services, expertise, and support to enable students with diverse learning needs to succeed in Jewish educational settings and participate meaningfully in Jewish life. As we continue to grow and expand our offerings both within the greater Boston area and beyond, the Executive Assistant position is an opportunity to support the efforts of our CEO, Board of Trustees, committees, and senior staff team. The Executive Assistant is often the first point of contact at Gateways, and plays a critical role in presenting a warm, friendly, and professional face for the organization. Bringing superb organizational and communication skills, professionalism, and a passion for building and improving systems for success, the Executive Assistant will in turn be welcomed into a skilled, dedicated, and caring team of professionals and lay leaders who are deeply committed to furthering Gateways mission of inclusion in Jewish education. This position provides an excellent learning and growth opportunity and visibility into the workings of a nimble and dynamic non-profit. This is a year-round, 20-25 hour/week position.
Duties and Responsibilities
(note: our office operates in hybrid mode this position requires an in-office presence at least 1-2 days/week, and working remotely the rest of the time)
The Executive Assistant's primary responsibilities are to ensure the smooth and effective functioning of the work of our CEO, Board and committees:
- Coordinate planning for Gateways Board and Committee meetings, including scheduling, preparation and dissemination of agenda and materials, implementing and collecting surveys, and meeting set-up/take down as needed (virtual or in person).
- Partner with Director of Development to coordinate and support CEO's fundraising activities, and support flow of donor acknowledgment letters.
- Support senior staff team, which includes attending various meetings and participating in project implementation, taking notes, and ensuring key action items are followed up on.
- Attend Gateways Board meetings (approximately six evenings/year, with some virtual and some in-person), prepare first draft of meeting minutes for review.
- Draft and post content for Gateways' multiple social media accounts to further Gateways' online presence and messaging.
- Manage CEO's calendar and travel arrangements as needed.
- Maintain electronic and paper files as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Energetic, positive self- starter with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work creatively and flexibly.
- Outstanding project management skills, with the ability to ensure big picture successes through the meticulous management of essential details from start to finish.
- Proficiency in utilizing technology to complete work efficiently, including use of Microsoft Office suite. Other technical skills/experience (PowerPoint, Intuit QuickBase) are a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities with good judgment.
- Discretion and professionalism in maintaining confidentiality of sensitive business matters.
- Ability to be poised, welcoming, and personable in interacting with all members of Gateways, as well as visitors and phone contacts.
- Professionalism and sensitivity in interacting with a diverse population.
- An understanding of and a willingness to contribute to our mission and vision.
- Ability to work occasional evening meetings.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience required.
- This is a year-round, 20-hour/week position, with a salary range of $20,000-25,000 based on experience.
- Gateways is based in Newton, MA, with year-round staff working mainly remotely and office space available as needed for in-person work. Because responsibilities for this position include support of meetings and professional development which will be offered in person in the Boston area, local residency is preferred.
- Benefits for this part-time position include paid time off and the opportunity to participate in a flexible spending account and SIMPLE IRA retirement plan.
How to Apply:
- Cover letters and resumes will be accepted only through our online system at http://tinyurl.com/gatewaysjobs. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis until position is filled.
- Gateways believes in the essentiality of a diverse workforce. We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals, including people of color, women, people with disabilities, immigrants, LGBTQIA people, and people who come from low income or working-class backgrounds. We encourage you to apply without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, medical condition, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state, or local laws. We know that the candidate who fits best may not meet 100% of the qualifications.
- Gateways will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. The interview process for this position will be conducted via Zoom. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact us at email@example.com for assistance.