Make a difference! TI Sharon has an exciting career opportunity at their established and evolving shul.
Temple Israel (TI) is a 500+ member Conservative Jewish congregation located in Sharon, Massachusetts. We are looking for an Executive Director who will serve as the “Chief Operating Officer” of the temple. This professional manages the economic, physical and human resource functions of the synagogue consistent with the vision established by the Temple Israel Board of Trustees. We are a welcoming community, open to people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds. TI promotes positive Jewish experiences in an inclusive environment. Through education, worship and community, we create opportunities for partners to engage, experience and explore their personal Jewish identity and nourish their Jewish life.
The Executive Director manages a staff of employees involved in many functions in the organization including congregational relations, communication, technology, financial management, fundraising, facilities / property management, and human resources. The Senior Rabbi supervises all clergy and other non-administrative professional staff. The Director of Education supervises teachers in our religious school and the Director of Early Childhood Education supervises the teachers in our Hertz Nursery School. Both the Senior Rabbi and Executive Director report directly to the Temple Israel Board of Trustees.
On a more strategic level, the Executive Director supports and partners with the Senior Rabbi and our other clergy and senior staff, in collaboration with relevant committees of the Board, to design and deliver programming to the community. Being an important face of the congregation to its members, it is important that the Executive Director builds relationships with its membership which will help create the culture of warmth that we strive for in our synagogue. In concert with the Senior Rabbi, other clergy and Board, the Executive Director has a significant role to play in the ongoing spiritual and financial health of Temple Israel and the 500+ families that it serves.
We are looking for candidates who is personable, caring, team-oriented, and driven to continuously improve. As a member of our senior staff, you must be team-oriented to work in partnership with both professionals and laity, fluidly traversing between groups. The Executive Director will need to be proficient with data-driven decisions, financial reports, and web-based communications.
The ideal candidate is a skilled and organized manager to move from dialog to decision-making and a skilled supervisor and motivator who can effectively manage the complex operations of the Congregation. Qualified candidates are expected to have.
• Bachelor’s degree is required; a Master’s degree is preferred.
• 5+ years proven effective management experience in a non-profit or corporate setting.
• Demonstrated management and employee relations skills.
• Will be expected to work effectively both independently and as a team member.
• Understanding of Conservative Jewish values, rituals, customs and holiday practices.
• Strong interpersonal skills to relate effectively with clergy, staff, lay leadership, volunteers, and members of the congregation.
• Enthusiastic, organized, highly motivated, responsible, courteous, flexible and creative.
• Demonstrated expertise in financial management, budgeting, recordkeeping, payroll administration and preparation of annual budgets and ongoing reports.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong computer skills with experience in Word, Excel, website and database management, and social media platforms. Knowledge of ShulCloud and social media tools is a plus.
Salary is $90,000-$100,000, commensurate with experience. Benefits include paid vacation and sick days, parental leave, health insurance, retirement plan (with employer contribution), professional membership association dues and convention expense reimbursement.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters to the Executive Director Search Committee at TISharon.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + Advanced Degree Preferred and 6-9 years of experience.