Position Title: Facilities Administrator
Reports To: Director of Facilities
Compensation: Nonexempt, $22-$26 per hour
Full-time, benefits eligible
2Life Communities provides superior housing to older adults of all backgrounds who can thrive independently within a supportive environment. We are a mission-driven organization with a vision whereby all older adults have the opportunity to age in a community, to live a whole life of connection and purpose in a dynamic and supportive environment. Inspired by Jewish values, 2Life welcomes seniors from all backgrounds and enables aging in communities of engagement, connection, and purpose.
Join an organization that truly values its passionate, talented team. We’re committed to supporting your health and well-being and your professional development. We believe by making 2Life a great place to work, you can focus on making 2Life a great place to live for our seniors.
Here at 2Life, we also offer a very rich benefit plan which for individuals adds 27% on top of the base pay and over 30% for employee +1 and families. Our rewards program includes but not limited to:
• Robust medical and dental plan
• Employer-paid life and AD&D, STD, and LTD insurance
• 401(k) plan
• Paid vacation
• Paid holidays
• 2 floating holidays
• And more!
The Facilities Administrator will work in the organization-wide Facilities Department, providing a high level of customer service support to the organization and the Facilities team. Duties include but are not limited to placing parts orders, billing and bill pay, maintaining work orders, administering project-related data, contract negotiation and management, maintaining maintenance schedules, records, and reports.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS*
• Coordinate all Facilities activities, work direction, and support systems
• Provide administrative support to the Facilities Team
• Assist in all aspects of project implementation as needed, including contract negotiation and contract management
• Handle business correspondence, including purchase orders, expense statements, and project contracts
• Audit preventive maintenance programs
• Develop company-wide facilities standards for materials and supplies and quality assurance standards
• Handle accounts payable for vendors and contractors in our system
• Assist with capital planning forecasts as well as capital budget/expense tracking
• Administer capital improvement projects per fiscal year
• Serve as a liaison for the department, outside vendors, and the accounting department
• Prepare and maintain RFP’s, bid information, and other contract documents
• Create custom reports and maintenance schedules as required
• Run monthly and quarterly reports on maintenance schedules and project materials
• Maintain project records and document archives
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• 1-3 years related experience preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Organized and detail-oriented
• Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions or client service requests
• Must be computer literate; proficient in MS Office programs and experience with CMMS systems
• Strong data entry skills and email experience
• Experience with submitting for funding approval from regulatory agencies such as HUD and Mass Housing
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Highly motivated and able to work independently with minimum direction
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• Normal office environment.
• Frequent sitting and standing.
• Ability to lift office supplies weighing up to 20 pounds
2Life Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to inclusive excellence and strives to create the finest affordable housing in the world through the collaboration of diverse, talented individuals. We encourage women, people of color, and applicants from the LGBTQIA+ community to apply.
The above statements intend to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to do this job. The above does not intend to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
We desire to build and cultivate an inclusive environment that brings together a diverse workforce with unique experiences, backgrounds, talents, and perspectives.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
Qualifications: 0-2 years of experience.