Established in 1944, JCRC’s purpose is to define and advance the values, interests, and priorities of the organized Jewish community of Greater Boston in the public square. To achieve these shared values effectively, JCRC and the Greater Boston Jewish community work toward a strong framework of community relations, articulated through building our community’s connection and commitment to civil society, developing the next generation of Jewish leaders, weaving a strong network of Jewish organizations, and investing in deep ties with actors in the public square.
About the position:
The Finance & Administration unit within the JCRC collaborates across all parts of the organization to support the needs of the and programming. Working under the direction of the Director, Finance & Administration, the Finance & Operations Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day finance & human resources operations of the organization.
• Responsible for accounts payable and receivable administration through the use of QuickBooks
• Oversees all communication with vendors regarding bill payment, including documentation and vendor maintenance
• Makes bank deposits, recording all incoming payments in SalesForce in proper categories.
• Coordinates monthly credit card reconciliation
• Processes all expense reimbursement requests
• Prepares reports on financial spending / trends around programmatic need
• Supports other financial needs of the director and organization as needed
• Manages biweekly pay processes, including third party timesheet and retirement account administration
• Coordinates new hire onboarding
• Benefits administration for employees, including support of yearly renewal process
• Maintains employee files and manages compliance with state and federal employment laws
• Supports other HR matters and assists the director as needed
Customer Service / Office Administration
• Coordinates building management including security maintenance, security, and building access
• Maintains inventory of office supplies, including ordering, and tracks program allocation
• Coordinates with others on general office duties including answering of main telephone inquiry line, baseline office support, and other issues
• Basic IT/AV support with assistance from director and IT vendor
Other duties as assigned within the general spirit of the position as needed.
• High school diploma required; bachelors degree in accounting business, accounting, or related field or equivalent experience strongly preferred
• Two to three years of prior experience required.
• Skills relating to customer service, data entry, attention to detail, communication, and organizational required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Intuit QuickBooks required; SalesForce preferred.
• Familiarity with non-profit administration & accounting preferred
• Passion for working in a dynamic, collaborative, mission driven environment required
• Must have a willingness to learn and work well both independently and in team environments
• Successful completion of a credit / background check required.
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree Preferred and 0-2 years of experience.