Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. We bring together the resources, volunteers, leadership, and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and ensure a vibrant Jewish future. Together, we're helping struggling families find financial stability, making Jewish learning relevant and inclusive, connecting the next generation to Jewish life, and so much more. Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners and leaders who help make Greater Boston’s Jewish community a welcoming home. It’s this energy and commitment that drive CJP’s mission. We are one of Boston's oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations and we are currently seeking a Financial Systems Programmer Analyst.
The Financial Systems Programmer Analyst provides technical support to the information systems utilized throughout the financial accounting process. Working with stakeholders in the financial operations, grant allocations, and information technology teams, the Programmer Analyst improves the utilization of our information systems, automates business processes, implements new technology, and enhances information access. The position combines a strong technology background in financial accounting systems, along with good business acumen and knowledge of financial accounting practices and procedures, to enhance the financial operations of CJP.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of CJP’s financial accounting and grant management systems and how they map to our business processes, including revenue and expense accounting, grant management, fixed assets, income statement and balance sheet accounting.
- Identify areas for business process improvement and/or system enhancements to achieve greater efficiency, reduce manual effort, and streamline operations.
- Create and maintain business process flow documentation for our financial operations and grant management processes. Identify opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborate with stakeholders in identifying process inefficiencies and corresponding system solutions. Utilize workflow and document imaging technologies to reduce manual efforts and improve processing cycle times for common transactional items, such as expense reports, invoice payments, donor pledges and payment receipts.
- Serve as the technical point of contact to our financial systems and grant management technology providers.
- Develop and maintain information reporting through data exports, queries, and reporting tools. Assist in compiling and presenting data for annual financial and IT audits.
- Partner with other technologists in developing data warehousing capabilities for financial and grant management data.
- Create additional grant application forms on our grant management web portal and modify existing forms as needed.
- Maintain system user access profiles and login accounts. Periodically review User access for compliance with security policies and guidelines.
- Assume a key technical role in technology implementation projects.
- Additional responsibilities in supporting our financial systems or other technology projects, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, financial, or technical field, or equivalent
- 5-8 years of experience in supporting financial systems in a business environment.
- Experience in implementing financial systems and the technology project life cycle.
- Experience in business process mapping and process improvements.
- Experience in developing financial reports, business intelligence, and data warehousing.
- Knowledge financial system software packages and reporting tools.
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL programming language.
- Knowledge of computer programming languages, such as HTML, PHP, or Python.
- Experience with hosted computing environments and SaaS preferred.
- Experience with financial and IT operations audits.
- Experience with Blackbaud’s Financial Edge accounting software, Spectrum/GE grant management software, or Questica Powerplan budgeting software are desirable.
- Strong analytical capabilities and system savviness.
- Fast learner of both technology and business processes.
- Self-starter in identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and activities concurrently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills using technology as an enabler.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in manipulating and presenting data using Microsoft Excel and other reporting tools
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods, much of which will be working at a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.