Who We Are
We’re 18Doors, a fast-paced, national Jewish nonprofit with a collegial, warm organizational culture and entrepreneurial spirit. We are the only national Jewish nonprofit laser focused on understanding, connecting with and communicating the needs of Jewish interfaith couples and families. We’re growing quickly, with a budget of about $3 million and staff and rabbinic fellows in 25 communities around the country and in Canada.
We are an entry point to Jewish life for interfaith families, and a catalyst for connection. Our work focuses on the five areas below:
* Digital strategy that includes a website and social media presence focused on sharing stories and advice from interfaith families, and resources on Jewish culture, holidays, traditions and food.
* Programs for interfaith couples and families to share ideas and learn together.
* A Jewish clergy referral service which helps families connect with rabbis and cantors for lifecycle events or counseling.
* A rabbinic fellowship program for rabbis who want to deepen their work with interfaith families.
* Learning opportunities for Jewish professional and lay leadership interested in building a culture of belonging with a focus on interfaith inclusion. We have local staff in Atlanta, Boston and Chicago, and affiliate relationships in Cleveland and New Orleans.
We work to help couples and families to connect and to build the Jewish life they want, and to enrich the vibrancy and strength of the Jewish community through the participation of interfaith families. We want our team to reflect the diversity of our world, and of the Jewish interfaith couples and families we work with.
Who You Are
Relationships are paramount in your work. You are a motivated fundraiser interested in cultivating and stewarding donors, working with influential stakeholders and communicating 18Doors’ mission and impact. You will report to the director of development and work closely with staff across the organization to fuel a growing $3 million organization.
You are goal oriented with a can-do attitude and you’re hungry to raise money for a cause that you’re passionate about. You have experience building or managing a giving program and soliciting gifts. You have demonstrated success in fundraising, showing advancement over the course of your career. You’re ambitious and looking for a new role to dive in to. You have experience closing major donor gifts. You enjoy talking to prospective and current donors, and communicate effectively in both spoken and written word. You know how to manage up, close the loop and follow through.
You enjoy working in a team environment, while also having the autonomy to move projects ahead on your own once goals have been set.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
* Create, cultivate and steward relationships with a portfolio of 100+ donors and prospects to connect them to philanthropic opportunities through 18Doors
* Develop a new pipeline of prospective donors between $1,000 and $10,000
* Meet monthly and quarterly benchmarks and goals, based on activity with prospects/donors and dollars raised
* Work with the director of development and CEO to align efforts and set goals
* Make direct solicitations, and assist the board and other staff with their solicitation (e.g. provide portfolio development support, strategic counsel and help with donor communications)
* Oversee annual fundraising campaigns across program and audience segments through email, direct mail and social media
* Participate in special events, recognition and stewardship programs, as appropriate
* Grant writing and reporting as needed
* Manage systems and software to track and cultivate donors and prospects, including our donor database (Salesforce) and wealth screening (Wealth Engine) tools
* Track and report progress using specific metrics
Experience & Qualifications
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience working in the U.S. Jewish communal landscape, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. We are seeking someone with professional fundraising and major donor experience. Candidates should be highly organized and collaborative, forward thinking, creative, detail oriented and hands-on. You thrive in a fluid, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
* 5-7 years of experience and proven success in fundraising
* Skilled in relationship development with lay leaders and donors with a track record of building donor relationships and closing gifts
* Successful experience in developing cultivation and solicitation strategies
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated record of completing assignments
* Excellent communication skills, attention to detail and ability to work in a remote environment
* Strong competency with Salesforce and Microsoft Office products
* Excellent organizational skills and follow through
* Excellent communication skills, attention to detail and ability to work in a remote environment.
* Excellent organizational skills and follow through.
This is a full-time position that reports to the director of development. This role is national in scope, can be based anywhere in the U.S. or Canada, and will require regular travel and some work on nights and weekends.
We provide a comprehensive suite of benefits, including 100% paid health, dental and vision insurance for the employee; generous time off; short-term and long-term disability; and 401(k) matching.
Equal Opportunity Employer. 18Doors provides equal opportunity to all people regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, body configuration, age, disability, marital status, height, weight, or political belief. 18Doors is committed to building an organization that is representative of the broad diversity of the Jewish community. We welcome applications from those groups that have historically been underrepresented or marginalized in the Jewish community—people of color, people with disabilities and LGBTQ people.
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree Preferred.