The Victim Rights Law Center (VRLC) is a nonprofit law center that provides free legal representation to survivors of sexual assault throughout Massachusetts and in Oregon, and national training and support for lawyers, advocates, and other victim service providers. The VRLC’s mission is to provide legal representation to survivors of rape and sexual assault to help rebuild their lives; and to promote a national movement committed to seeking justice for every rape and sexual assault victim. We are committed to transforming the response to sexual violence through survivor-led legal practice that centers the needs and experiences of survivors experiencing oppression. The VRLC deeply values diverse voices and perspectives on our team. People of color, LGBTQI+ individuals, survivors, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Provide sexual assault survivors with comprehensive legal consultations, representation, and referrals
- Represent survivors of sexual violence on immigration remedies including U visas, VAWA self-petitions, T visas, battered spouse waivers, adjustments of status, petitions for work authorization, as well as privacy, safety, and limited criminal justice system advocacy
- Participate in weekly intake and case assessment meetings as well as organization-wide immigration team meetings
- Conduct strategic outreach to community partners throughout Massachusetts
- Train, mentor, and support pro bono attorneys representing VRLC clients
- Participate in the collection of accurate client services data collection
- Work collaboratively with a team of lawyers
- Admitted to practice law in Massachusetts for a minimum of 2 years and in good standing; 5+ years preferred.
- Immigration law experience (VAWA/U/T/Asylum experience preferred)
- Bilingual Spanish, Portuguese, or Haitian Creole (oral and written skills)
- Experience working with trauma survivors and marginalized communities (e.g. LGBTQ, communities of color, people with disabilities, youth)
- Valid driver’s license and comfortable driving throughout the Commonwealth
- Courtroom experience
Salary Range: $52,000-$60,000
Benefits: The VRLC provides competitive benefits, including health and dental insurance, long & short-term disability insurance, paid holiday, personal, vacation, and sick leave, 403b plan with employer match, and a caring and innovative work environment!
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + Advanced Degree Required and 0-2 years of experience.