Job Description: seeking elder in-home caregiver
Seeking a cultivated, experienced, warm, responsible caregiver to join our team of care professionals in providing part-time, three days a week (8m-8pm care Saturday, Sunday, and Monday), caretaking for a high functioning 80-year-old woman, in her own home. As part of our team, you will be assisting with basic needs like dressing, shopping, care coordination and transportation. No less important is your ability to provide companionship and positive interactions with the client. You should have prior experience in caregiving or home care, a professional appearance, and a valid driver’s license is a plus. College degree and love of music and literature a plus!
• Oversees home management: sanitizing the home, making sure visitors are Covid-safe, coordinates repair and cleaning through third parties. Light housekeeping-helping to make Employer’s bed, taking out trash and recycling, wiping down surfaces, loading and unloading dishwasher.
• Manage online food shopping, preparing, cooking meals, serving and eating with Employer.
• Oversees self-care of Employer (hairdresser, pedicure, bathing etc.).
• Drives or arranges Employer’s transportation to appointments, shopping expeditions, religious services, and to social or other engagements.
• Runs errands for Employer.
• Assists Employer in administrative tasks ie responding to correspondences, emails and phone calls. Able to facilitate zoom calls.
• Maintain updates in the communication log about time with patient and details such as sleeping patterns, energy level, presentation etc.
• Able to coordinate and work in a daily schedule of appointments and in house providers that come into the home (they are scheduled and communicated through a calendar that lists all appointments).
• Home medical care (administering pre-packed by medication administrator medications, physical therapy, emergency hospital visits) under medical supervision.
• Provide Employer with companionship and friendly, positive interactions- sharing conversation and spending time together. This may include Covid safe trips into the community (scenic drives, meals outdoors etc.).
• Helping with mobility around the home (Employer uses a walker) but may need support when initially standing and would need support in leaving the home safely.
• Engaging Employer in stimulating activities (listening to podcasts, music, watching a movie, reading etc.).
• Note: these activities may take place in any of the Employer’s three homes (Cambridge, Manhattan, Watermill) but mostly in her primary home in Cambridge, MA.
Employee Requirements and Qualifications
• Excellent listener and an empathetic companion
• Prior experience as a caregiver and elderly care
• Access to reliable transportation
• CORI check and driving attestation
• Must be fully vaccinated for COVID 19
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree Preferred.