JVS Boston is one of the largest workforce development agencies in New England, changing people’s lives and strengthening our communities. We are looking for a qualified Instructor for our Healthcare Skills Training program (full-time position) in our main office in Boston, MA.
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Senior Manager, Healthcare Skills Training, the Instructor:
• Develops and modifies contextualized curriculum and daily lesson plans for academic and/or job skill training programs
• Delivers training to participants, evaluates progress and skill attainment of individual participants on a scheduled basis
• Tracks outcomes, creates documents for submission to the Program Manager, funders or evaluators, and employers, as well as, attends team meetings
• Develops and adjusts daily as needed, pharmacy curriculum, lesson plans and teaching materials that lead students to the goal of passing the national certification exam
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• BS in Education or related field is required
• 2-3 years of workplace or related training/teaching experience
• Knowledge of adult learning theory
• Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with a diverse group of clients at all levels of the organization
• Presentation and facilitation skills
• Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
• Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
Working Conditions: Regular local travel, evening hours and some weekend availability required.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree Required and 0-2 years of experience.