Part Time, grow to Full Time, Flexible hours $17-21/hour
The Office Assistant will be responsible for day-to-day supervision of the office and phones for our busy and growing Insurance Agency. (S)He will provide oversite and keep the office functioning, answer the phones & distribute calls, perform simple data entry, manage social media and be the onsite expert on our client management software, Applied Systems Epic.
RESPONSIBILITES AND DUTIES
• Assure the office is presentable and ready for use. *This may need to be done multiple times per day when physically in the office
• Answer incoming calls in a friendly and helpful manner
• Check voicemail and email
• Sort and delivery incoming mail
• Assure copiers are stocked with paper
• Manage and maintenance of CRM: Applied Systems Epic (training will be provided)
• Date entry of client and policy information
• Create and send binders, proof of insurance, etc. to clients
• Run errands such as the post office, bank deposits, deliveries to local clients
• Manage social media including creating content and posting
• And more
• Professional communication skills required for answering phones, greeting clients, and drafting business correspondence
• Highly organized and motivated, ability to multi-task and prioritize in dynamic, fast paced environment for recordkeeping, paperless office management and day to day office administrative responsibilities
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Strong skills in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
• Reliable transportation
• Minimum Associates degree or 1-2 years of office experience
• Understanding of and experience with Insurance documents
• Experience with Applied Systems Epic a plus!
• Competitive Compensation
• Flexible work hours
Please forward your resume with cover letter. Be prepared to discuss compensation requirements during the initial phone interview.
Work Location : The position posted requires coming into our Newton office at least one day a week during Covid-19 quarantine. Other days can be remote.
Smoller Insurance Agency embraces diversity and is committed to attracting qualified candidates who also embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. Smoller Insurance Agency is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree Preferred and 0-2 years of experience.