Founded in 1937 by Rabbi Dr. Joseph B. Soloveitchik zt”l, Maimonides School is proud to be the beacon of Modern Orthodox education in New England for students from Early Childhood through 12th Grade. Building on the legacy of the Rav, Maimonides students have a strong foundation in both religious and general education, are committed to Torah values, and are well-prepared for the opportunities and challenges of the 21st century.
Torah and mitzvot - the study and practice of halacha - are the quintessential core of Judaism, and they must be taught in a relevant, engaging, and inspiring manner. Torah study is enriched by our understanding of science, mathematics, philosophy, literature, art, and music, which in turn is enhanced and enlightened by the teachings of Torah. The school provides an all-encompassing religious atmosphere in which the observance of halacha in the totality of its ritual and ethical components is central.
• To expose our students to the beauty of the Jewish tradition and the power and profundity of the Jewish faith, and to foster a life-long commitment to Torah and mitzvot.
• To provide our students with the finest possible general studies education so they can continue their academic training in the colleges and universities of their choice.
• To produce graduates who will become respected and contributing members of the Jewish and general communities.
• To forge in our students a spiritual bond and sense of identification with the State of Israel.
• To imbue our students with an attitude of respect toward one’s fellow man (k’vod habriot) and love of one’s fellow Jew (ahavat Yisrael).
Interim Leader Position
Maimonides School seeks an interim leader to guide the school through the upcoming 2021-22 academic year. We are looking for someone who has a passion for Jewish education and is a proven leader and skilled manager who can implement the school’s annual operating plan and further execute the existing strategic plan. The interim leader will also nurture a strong, positive school culture that respects and values faculty, students, and all stakeholders, and facilitate a smooth transition to a new Head of School.
The successful candidate will have:
• Proven track record of strong management and the ability to empower direct reports and delegate successfully.
• Dedication to and comfort with strategic, solution-based thinking that is collaborative in nature.
• Familiarity with the challenges of, and approaches to, maintaining in-person school during the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Experience fostering a student-centered culture and environment.
• Experience partnering with lay leadership and Board of Directors to drive institutional success.
• Financial literacy and familiarity with overseeing large budgets.
• Ability to engage and communicate effectively with faculty, students, and all stakeholders.
• Ability to inspire confidence and calm to ensure a smooth and successful interim year.
To apply to become Maimonides School’s interim leader, please send a cover letter and resume to Amy Wasser, Senior Director of Field Advancement at Prizmah: Center for Jewish Day Schools at email@example.com.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree Required and 6-9 years of experience.