Gateways: Access to Jewish Education is seeking a special educator to work in Jewish private day schools providing both direct service to students in middle and high school and consultation to teachers. Opportunities will also be available to facilitate Gateways’ professional development within those schools. This is a school-year position, projected at 10-15 hours/week, and reports to the Director of Day School Programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Determining students’ needs through observation and assessment
* Developing and implementing individualized student learning plans
* Providing direct specialized instruction to individuals and small groups
* Providing coaching and consultation to teachers on differentiation and implementation of inclusion strategies
* A minimum of three years of related experience
* Experience with a variety of student assessment tools and strategies; additional experience in coaching or consulting to teachers preferred
* Thoughtful communication skills; professionalism and sensitivity in interacting with parents, teachers, and a diverse learning population
* Strong organizational skills
* Master’s degree in special education
* Reading certification in Wilson or Orton-Gillingham, or related experience delivering systematic reading instruction to students with reading disabilities, and a willingness to grow professionally
* Commitment to Gateways’ mission and the field of Jewish education
About the Organization
Gateways provides high quality special education services, expertise, and support to enable students with diverse learning needs to succeed in Jewish educational settings and participate meaningfully in Jewish life. For more information visit www.jgateways.org.
Cover letters and resumes will be accepted only through our online system at http://tinyurl.com/gatewaysjobs. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis until position is filled.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + Advanced Degree Required and 3-5 years of experience.