Gateways: Access to Jewish Education is seeking a special educator to work in Jewish private day schools providing both direct service to students in elementary, middle and high school and consultation to teachers. Opportunities will also be available to facilitate Gateways’ professional development within those schools. This is a school-year position, 4-5 days a week (32-35 hours), and reports to the Director of Day School Programs. Salary $60,000-$65,000.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Determining students’ needs through observation and assessment
• Developing and implementing individualized student learning plans and or IEP goals
• Providing direct specialized instruction to individuals and small groups
• Providing coaching and consultation to teachers on differentiation and implementation of inclusion strategies and participating in student support/grade level meetings
• Writing student progress reports in the middle and end of the school year
• Attend IEP meetings when able
• A minimum of three years of related experience
• Experience with a variety of student assessment tools and strategies; additional experience in coaching or consulting to teachers preferred
• Thoughtful communication skills; professionalism and sensitivity in interacting with parents, teachers, and a diverse learning population
• Strong organizational skills
• Master’s degree in special education
• Ability to support elementary and middle school students in math
• Reading certification in Wilson or Orton-Gillingham, or related experience delivering systematic reading instruction to students with reading disabilities, and a willingness to grow professionally
• Commitment to Gateways’ mission and the field of Jewish education
How to Apply:
• Cover letters and resumes will be accepted only through our online system at http://tinyurl.com/gatewaysjobs. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis until position is filled.
• Gateways believes in the essentiality of a diverse workforce. We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals, including people of color, women, people with disabilities, immigrants, LGBTQIA people, and people who come from low income or working-class backgrounds. We encourage you to apply without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, medical condition, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state, or local laws. We know that the candidate who fits best may not meet 100% of the qualifications.
Gateways will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. The interview process for this position will be conducted via Zoom. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact us at email@example.com for assistance.
About the Organization:
For more information visit our web site at www.jgateways.org.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + Advanced Degree Required and 3-5 years of experience.