Gateways: Access to Jewish Education is currently hiring a school year consultant to be a part- time School Mental Health Provider.
Partner schools who do not have an onsite mental health provider are looking to contract a clinician for 10 hours a week to consult to the school around mental health issues and support students on a short-term basis while they are awaiting an outside therapist.
• Offer mentoring and suggestions for teachers and other school personnel
• Develop and provide crisis intervention strategies to improve student success
• Working to maximize coping skills for students in difficult situations
• Meet with school Administrators weekly to consult on students and classes
• Refer students to outside resources and provide support to families as necessary
• Provide short-term counseling to students as needed
• Lead social skills groups
• Attend day school mental health COP
• Experience (minimum 3 years) working with children and families struggling with complex challenges, including acute trauma responses and mental health challenges, causing significant dysregulation that regularly interferes with school functioning. Masters in, Social Work or related field (LICSW, LCSW, or LMHC preferred).
• Demonstrated skill and experience setting clinical and behavioral goals and providing direct clinical supports and skill-building to children in the school setting,
• Demonstrated skill and experience working with parents/guardians from an assets/strengths-based perspective
• Excellent case management skills, including collaborating with collateral/community-based mental health providers
• Demonstrated effectiveness with development and continuous improvement of student support programming within a school environment
• Experience collaborating with stakeholders from multiple organizations and systems
About the Organization:
Gateways provides high quality special education services, expertise, and support to enable students with diverse learning needs to succeed in Jewish educational settings and participate meaningfully in Jewish life. For more information visit www.jgateways.org. Cover letters and resumes will be accepted only through our online system at http://tinyurl.com/gatewaysjobs. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis until position is filled.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + Advanced Degree Required and 3-5 years of experience.