The Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel Foundation is seeking an Operations Associate at the Mandel Institute for Nonprofit Leadership in Brookline, Massachusetts. The Operations Associate will play a pivotal role shaping the success of our leadership development programs by providing operational support and coordination for all aspects of our programs. Their proficiency with technology and digital platforms, interest in administrative and financial processes, and desire to support a mission-driven organization, will be assets in this role.
• Manage audio-visual equipment and technology for seminars and meetings, ensuring seamless functioning and optimal experiences for in-person, hybrid and remote convenings.
• Coordinate feedback surveys for seminars and online courses, and draft reports that provide valuable insights for improvement.
• Oversee application portals and learning management systems to ensure efficiency in operations and enhanced participant experiences.
• Document expenditures, collect invoices, create spending reports, and assist in the yearly budget creation.
• Manage travel arrangements for seminar participants from across the United States and Canada, and around the world.
• Provide general administrative support to ensure the smooth functioning of day-to-day office operations and seminars.
● Bachelor's Degree with high academic achievement.
● Exceptional administrative, technical, organizational, and communication skills.
● A strong team-oriented mindset and an ability to work collaboratively with a variety of colleagues.
● Self-direction, takes initiative, efficient time management, and being adept at multitasking.
● A keen attention to detail in all aspects of professional work.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office and a demonstrated ability to adapt to new business and educational software platforms.
● Preference for candidates with experience planning/producing events.
● Preference for candidates with knowledge of/interest in Jewish nonprofit, educational and cultural institutions served by Mandel programs.
The Operations Associate will report to the Associate Director and work collaboratively with other members of the Mandel Institute's professional team. They will interact with Mandel Institute fellows, graduates, faculty members, mentors, outside vendors, and the broader Mandel Foundation community.
The position is full-time, in person (with an option of remote work two days per week) and includes employee benefits (see below). Annual salary is competitive, within a range of $55,000 - $65,000 depending on qualifications and experience. Qualified applicants must live within a reasonable commute of the Mandel Institute office in Brookline, Massachusetts.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Liana Brodsky at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
● Medical benefits
● Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
● 401(k) Retirement Plan
● Paid Vacation and Personal Time
● Access to funds for professional development
● Tuition Reimbursement program for continuing education
● Subsidized Gym Program
About the Mandel Institute
The Mandel Institute for Nonprofit Leadership’s mission is to strengthen the capacities of talented professionals who lead—or have the potential to lead—important nonprofit institutions. The Mandel Institute’s programs prepare mid-career professionals for leadership roles in Jewish nonprofit and educational institutions.
About the Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel Foundation
The Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel Foundation’s mission is to contribute to the flourishing of the United States and Israel as just, inclusive, compassionate and democratic societies, and to improve the quality of life in both countries. The Foundation’s major areas include leadership development, management of nonprofits, the humanities, Jewish life and urban engagement. #
* * *
The Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel Foundation is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to pursuing and hiring diverse talent. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all employees.