JVS Boston is one of the largest workforce development agencies in New England, changing people’s lives and strengthening our communities. We are looking for a qualified Outreach Specialist for our Bridges to College and Careers (BTCC) program (full-time position) in our main office in Boston, MA.
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Coaching Manager of Bridges to College and Careers, the Outreach Specialist:
• Conducts outreach and recruitment for the Bridges to College and Careers program
• Works collaboratively with community partners, government agencies, local employers and other entities to identify adult students interested in post-secondary education credentials and related career paths
• Meets program enrollment goals
• Demonstrates strong networking, outreach, marketing, time management, project management capabilities, as well as, a strong commitment to the program mission and goals
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Communications, Human Resources, Education, or related field is required
• Two to four years of related experience
• Strong organizational skills, including strategic planning, creating systems of work, and organizing team efforts
• Ability to manage projects autonomously
• Ability to work well under pressure, think independently and be a problem solver when challenges arise
• Demonstrated experience with public speaking, recruitment, and marketing
• Strong writing and proofreading skills
• Comfortable traveling around the Boston Metro Area
• Excellent phone skills, including willingness to cold call organizations and individuals to introduce the Bridges to College program
• Flexible and adaptable with an ability to readjust plans quickly to handle new problems or concerns.
• Ability to motivate a team towards the completion of a goal
• Comfort in digital marketing (including e-mail marketing, social media, and other forms of reaching large groups of people via the internet). Training is available, but a basic understanding and skill is required
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Publisher) Google Docs and data management required
Working Conditions: Regular local travel, evening hours and some weekend availability required.
To learn more about Benefits and to apply for the position, please visit JVS JVS Careers . Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org in case you have any questions.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree Required and 3-5 years of experience.