Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. We bring together the resources, volunteers, leadership, and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and ensure a vibrant Jewish future. Together, we're helping struggling families find financial stability, making Jewish learning relevant and inclusive, connecting the next generation to Jewish life, and so much more. Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners and leaders who help make Greater Boston’s Jewish community a welcoming home. It’s this energy and commitment that drive CJP’s mission. We are one of Boston's oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations and we are currently seeking a part-time Human Resources Assistant.
The Human Resources (HR) Assistant works 20-25 hours/week assisting with the administration of the day-to-day operations and communications of the Human Resources department. The HR Assistant provides calendar support for the Chief People Officer and additional administrative support to the HR team in the areas of employment, training and development, benefits, compensation, and communications. The HR Assistant is also responsible for biweekly payroll preparation. The HR Assistant serves as the primary back-up to the Receptionist for breaks and time off coverage.
- Provides calendar management support for Chief People Officer.
- Enter all payroll changes including leave of absence schedules into the system. Coordinate the import/export function for payroll information and prepare employee status forms for the Finance department. Follow up on time sheet submissions.
- Coordinate on-boarding process for new employees, including creating new hire packets, scheduling trainings, coordinating new hire set-up with IT and Facilities.
- Serve as resource for staff regarding questions about payroll, benefits and general HR information.
- Provide training and development support, including preparation and dissemination of training materials, registering attendees, tracking budget, scheduling conference rooms and ordering food. Coordinate trainings for assistant’s quarterly meetings. Train new assistants on Assistant manual.
- Provide recruitment support, including checking references, processing background checks and some scheduling of interviews.
- Process incoming invoices and assist with HR budget.
- Provide primary back-up coverage for Receptionist/switchboard, including covering daily breaks and lunches, vacations and unplanned absences.
- Coordinate and assist with planning all employee activities (e.g., summer outing, flu shots, holiday party, etc.).
- Create, update, and maintain all paper personnel and department records, including filing.
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 1-2 years’ administrative work experience, preferably in Human Resources or Payroll.
- Familiarity with standard Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with payroll systems and processing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including strong Excel skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work on projects, manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Aptitude for detail and commitment to accuracy and follow through.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes and shifting priorities.
- Sense of humor
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods, much of which will be working at a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
- Working out of office (local travel) up to 50% of the time.
CJP offers that rare opportunity to tap your skills, talents, and experience to benefit a greater good while you grow professionally. You will work in a dynamic environment, with a diverse group of individuals who share your commitment and enthusiasm. Together, you will make a difference for Jews and non-Jews in Greater Boston and worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a collegial, family-friendly work and team environment.
For more information about CJP, go to www.cjp.org.
Please use this link to apply: https://secure6.saashr.com/ta/6178095.careers?ShowJob=403061291
CJP conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
CJP is an equal opportunity employer.People with disabilities, women, veterans, black, indigenous and people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.