ABOUT THE PORTFOLIO ASSOCIATE POSITION:
The Portfolio Associate, Jewish Life and Israel is responsible for helping to identify potential grant opportunities through robust due diligence of investment areas and organizations, providing consulting or strategic planning support for grantees, and conducting research on areas of interest to build the foundations’ internal knowledge. The Portfolio Associate reports to the Senior Portfolio Manager, Jewish
Life and Israel, and will split time working across multiple portfolios and projects. The Associate will have broad exposure to the Jewish Life and Israel portfolio and become an active member in the collaborative team culture that includes weekly meetings, continual brainstorming and knowledge sharing.
- Conduct research and due diligence on potential investment areas and organizations.
- Perform all necessary analyses, which may include benchmarking, financial modeling, competitive assessment, and analysis of organizational outcomes.
- Assess quality and sustainability of organizational leadership, strategic plans, and business models.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the One8 Foundation’s areas of concentration; scour sources to get smart on organizations and issue areas, including existing research, current trends and emerging issues.
- Assist in development and refinement of strategic, business and/or implementation plans in partnership with leaders from grantee organizations and/or potential grantees.
- Support strategic planning sessions, which focus on issues such as theory of change, model codification, strategic priorities, articulation of outcomes, etc.
- Provide strategic and “block & tackle” support to grantees in the execution of strategic plans, offering analysis and advice on program implementation, outcomes, finances, human capital and other areas.
- Foster strong working relationships and effective channels of communication with leaders from both grantee organizations and potential grantees.
- Prepare communications and reports for the One8 Foundation’s trustees.