The Ruderman Family Foundation believes that inclusion and understanding of all people is essential to a fair and flourishing community. Guided by our Jewish values, we support effective programs, innovative partnerships and a dynamic approach to philanthropy in our core areas of interest: advocating for and advancing the inclusion of people with disabilities throughout the Jewish community; fostering a more nuanced understanding of the American Jewish community among Israeli leaders; and modeling the practice of strategic philanthropy worldwide. The Foundation provides funding, leadership, expertise and insight in both the U.S. and Israel.
The work of the Ruderman Family Foundation reflects our core values of social justice, innovation, collaboration, and agility. We seek to publicize broadly what we do in our programs and how we do it, in order to inspire the Jewish community and beyond to pursue full inclusion and to encourage strategic philanthropy.
The Foundation maintains close working relationships with its program partners and grantees. Unlike some other foundations, it does not accept unsolicited applications for support. The Foundation issues an invitation to partner only after a thorough analysis indicates shared vision, innovation, organizational strength and a willingness to closely collaborate. It seeks out other major funders with which to partner and promotes broad information sharing about successes in its mission. Foundation staff are very involved in program development and remain very involved in major programs funded over multiple years. Single-year and pilot programs are also thoroughly monitored.
Role and Responsibilities
The Ruderman Family Foundation seeks a professional to capitalize on the important mission and history of the organization as well as assist in strengthening and expanding the organization's program. The Program Associate reports to the Deputy Director.
- Engaging stakeholders in promoting inclusion nationally and globally
- Work with foundation senior staff to grow effective and efficient programing and forward-looking strategic development of the fields of inclusion and mental health
- Developing quality programs and initiatives and delivering at a fast pace.
- Interacting with the mental health community and the broader field of inclusion in the nonprofit and for-profit sectors
- Working together with leadership to ensure ongoing progress of RFF’s mission to advance inclusion and mental health
- Represent the foundation with the local community, corporations, nonprofit organizations, and the public to leverage the field of inclusion within RFF
- Assist in accomplishing program objectives by overseeing consultants, community leaders and other business professionals; communicating expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising on behalf of RFF
- Monitor diversity, inclusion and mental health activities, research, and policy in the broader inclusion field
- Provide support to all program officers and team members to enhance the immersion of an inclusion /mental health strategy across all fields
- Coordinate direct and indirect communication and outreach, and to requests and coordinate feedback from key service populations to inform program development and improvement
- Drafts program budgets
- Draft progress reports
- Tracking the progress of RFF inclusion grantees and assessing their impact
- Provide ongoing communication to all stakeholders with regards to program outcomes
- Collaborating with communications staff and produce newsletters, brochures, information pieces, and website content, creative content, etc.
- Positively contributes to the learning and collaborative spirit of an international foundation
- Participates in the Ruderman Family Foundation programs and always represents organization in best light
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- BA degree required
- Demonstrated experience in working toward positive social change
- Knowledge of inclusion and mental health
- 4 years of experience in project management
- Skilled in developing educational programs and training
- Advanced research and writing skills
- Experience in budget development and fiscal management
- Experienced in organizing online and offline event
- Ability to inspire a team of professionals with a positive attitude
- Strong oral communication skills and experience in media engagement
- Experience developing, building, and coordinating national and/or international programs
- Ability to work in a family, small-office environment
- Experience working with an interdisciplinary and cross-sectoral approach
- Self-starter with ability to keep on task to meet program deadlines
- Social media and website management
- Experienced in developing marketing materials
- Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity
- Able to use Discretion where required
- Able to communicate openly in a respectful manner with all levels of the Foundation
- Common sense
- Charismatic and Personable
- Organized and self-managed professional
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree Required and 3-5 years of experience.