Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. Ranked by BBJ as Massachusetts’ largest non-profit organization – CJP is a philanthropic investor and mobilizer of people, resources, and skills that make a bigger difference locally and globally. We focus on making Jewish life and learning accessible to all individuals and families in Boston and beyond. We thoughtfully invest in the care and well-being of all community members. And we provide stability and growth to nonprofit organizations and institutions that underpin our community. Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners, and leaders who help make Greater Boston’s Jewish community a welcoming home. It’s this energy and commitment that drive CJP’s mission. We are one of Boston's oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations and we are currently seeking a Program Manager, Caring and Social Justice.
The Program Manager, Caring and Social Justice (CSJ), oversees the day-to-day operations of CJP’s Caring and Social Justice initiatives, with a specific focus on CJP’s Mental Health Initiative (MHI). As a key component of their work, the Manager of CSJ facilitates inter-agency communication and coordination, supports community collaborations to achieve key goals of the Mental Health and other critical Initiatives, and represents CJP externally in all areas of the CSJ work. The Program Manager is responsible for making sure CJP’s mental health work across cohort areas is well coordinated to ensure an integrated approach. They work closely with the Program Manager of the Anti-Poverty Initiative to support close collaboration between the two initiatives. The Program Manager of CSJ serves as a representative of the Caring and Social Justice work in outreach activities. The Program Manager reports to the Director of Caring and Social Justice (Director).
- Regularly requests and synthesizes feedback from agency partners and responds to key questions, challenges, and opportunities.
- Serves as a first point of contact to and works closely with CJP’s partner agency direct service staff regarding programs that fall within the Caring and Social Justice work.
- Responsible for the day-to-day oversight of programs to ensure continued effectiveness.
- Supports the Director with continued implementation of performance measurement and data collection.
- Supports the Director in strategic decision-making with relation to the MHI (both with regard to innovation and sustainability planning) and in communications with the executive directors of CJP’s partner agencies.
- Partners with CJP marketing in developing and implementing plans for continued targeted outreach to Jewish communal partners and organizations for referrals to the MHI’s programs and resources. Partners closely with staff from all partner agencies in this effort to ensure a shared and coordinated outreach plan.
- Partners with CJP marketing and events team on related events and communications.
- Contributes to CJP reports and donor-facing communications and may be asked to meet with donors to represent the Mental Health Initiative.
- Partner with other departments within CJP to ensure a coordinated approach to the work and to support and promote the mental health work of CJP more broadly.
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
- B.A./B.S. required in human services or related field
- Minimum of five years’ experience collaborating with outside agencies and multiple stakeholders
- Minimum of three years’ program management experience
- Minimum of two years’ experience within a human services setting or working with vulnerable populations preferred
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and function independently
- Excellent critical thinking and judgement.
- Ability to work cross functionally across the organization
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Capacity to manage and organize confidential information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes and shifting priorities.
- Familiarity with the Jewish community and Jewish religious practice preferred.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods, much of which will be working at a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
CJP offers that rare opportunity to tap your skills, talents, and experience to benefit a greater good while you grow professionally. You will work in a dynamic environment, with a diverse group of individuals who share your commitment and enthusiasm. Together, you will make a difference for Jews and non-Jews in Greater Boston and worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a collegial, family-friendly work and team environment.
For more information about CJP, go to www.cjp.org.
Please use this link to apply: https://secure6.saashr.com/ta/6178095.careers?ApplyToJob=419864877
CJP conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
CJP is an equal opportunity employer.People with disabilities, women, veterans, black, indigenous and people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.