Religious School Team Leader
Congregation Beth El of the Sudbury River Valley
All the fun of being an educator without all the paperwork!
Congregation Beth El is joyful, participatory Judaism. We sing, learn, laugh and pray together, and celebrate our varied backgrounds, identities and experiences.
We connect with Jewish values and traditions as we strive to create a more just future for ourselves, our children and the world.
Our reform egalitarian synagogue draws members from MetroWest, east to Boston, west to Worcester, and many communities in between. Our congregation lives its Jewish values with an emphasis
on social justice and study, which we feel are just as important as ritual observance.
Our small Pre-K-7 school seeks an energetic, collaborative and creative part time (15-20 hours) Team Leader to be the brain behind and the face in front of our growing education program.
We seek an educator to partner with the leader of our regional High School, J-LOFT, which provides life-changing Jewish Journeys as its pivotal fulcrum.
Between the two programs, we envision a cohesive Pre-K – 12 experience where students will begin their Jewish Journey at a young age, broadening and widening this Jewish perspective over time,
offering the gateway to lifelong learning.
Our successful candidate will
* Create and nurture warm relationships and consistent communication with students, parents, staff and lay leaders
* Create innovative Jewish Values and Studies curricula in collaboration with the Education Committee, and bring these fresh ideas to life through experiences, and project-based learning in an age appropriate manner
* Support delivery of online Hebrew sessions taught on Zoom
* Work with families and teachers to ensure IEP needs are being met by creating an inclusive educational environment that meets the needs of all learners
* Hire, guide, supervise and support a small cadre of teachers and teen assistants
* Collaborate with Clergy and Staff to create Shabbat and Holiday programs
* Share in the recruitment of new families
Notice that administrative duties are very minimal in this position, because these duties will be covered by other staff members.
Our school currently meets from 9:00 – 11:00 on Sundays with online Hebrew classes during the week. This may evolve… Come to Beth El to help us envision and carry out a new future!
* Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree in education, Jewish education and/or Jewish studies preferred
* 3-5+ years of professional experience in an education related field
* Knowledge of current best practices, and experience and knowledge of developmental pedagogy, classroom management, curriculum development, and engagement
* Understanding of Reform Jewish Values, ritual, customs and holiday practices
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to relate to and communicate effectively with others
Salary Range: $39,000.00 - $45,000.00
Benefits: Paid time off
Please send cover letter and resume to YFEC@bethelsudbury.org
Equal Employment Opportunity
Congregation Beth El supports a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.