The School Placement Process Assistant reports to and supports the Middle School Dean of Students by coordinating the middle and high school placement process and guiding students and their families through the period of transition between schools. The position begins in August and will end in February. There may be an opportunity to extend the role to June.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of The Rashi School’s Middle School and support our mission to provide a dynamic, child-centered program of academic excellence that integrates rich secular and Jewish studies curricula and nurtures in its students’ critical minds and compassionate hearts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
● Create and manage a middle school student database for the high school placement process.
● Track admissions deadlines and assist students and families to meet them.
● Update and maintain accurate student information including standardized tests, interviews, applications, meetings, transcripts, recommendation forms.
● Upload recommendation forms to high school admission systems including Ravenna, Gateway, SAO, and others.
● Coordinate student transcript uploads and mailings to high school admissions departments.
● Maintain a database of high school contacts.
● Assist in coordination of annual high school fair including marketing, RSVPs, set up, and break down of event.
● Assist in creating materials (video, webpage, handouts, etc) to guide families/students through the high school placement process.
● Support the Middle School Dean of Students in a variety of administrative tasks as needed.
● 3 to 5 years administrative experience.
● Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
● Excellent command of computer skills (Mac, Google, etc).
● Excellent time management & organizational skills.
● A passion for working with middle school students and their families.
● Experience working with confidential information.
● A positive, can-do attitude to stressful situations and competing deadlines.
● A culturally competent, engaged community member.
● Must clear a criminal background check.
● Able to use telephone and computer.
● Able to listen/hear and communicate orally.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
To apply, send resume, letter of interest, and list of professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits include dental, vision, life, short and long term disability insurance, retirement plan, and paid time off.
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree Preferred and 3-5 years of experience.