Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. We bring together the resources, volunteers, leadership, and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and ensure a vibrant Jewish future. Together, we're helping struggling families find financial stability, making Jewish learning relevant and inclusive, connecting the next generation to Jewish life, and so much more. Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners and leaders who help make Greater Boston’s Jewish community a welcoming home. It’s this energy and commitment that drive CJP’s mission. We are one of Boston's oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations and we are currently seeking a Senior Director, Community Collaborations.
Reporting to the Vice President of Partnerships & Services, the Senior Director, Community Collaborations will play a key role in leading and implementing strategic initiatives in support of CJP’s commitment to optimizing our communal ecosystem comprised of over 260 affiliated Jewish organizations/agencies, Day Schools and synagogues. This newly created position requires an innovative thinker with strong analytical skills and the ability to translate analyses into practice. It includes both strategic and operational aspects and requires the ability to build relationships and engage members throughout the ecosystem in new and innovative collaborative opportunities including group purchasing, shared services and mergers and acquisitions. The successful candidate will utilize a consultative approach to assessing opportunities and impact for CJP, select partners and the communal ecosystem.
The role of Senior Director of Community Collaborations requires an engaging and highly organized individual with experience working in a matrixed organization. The Senior Director will be the point person for all initiatives related to shared services and strategic collaborations (including but not limited to M&A), identifying new areas for exploration, determining priorities and sourcing solutions that will benefit the entire ecosystem. The Senior Director will be a pro-active initiator and self-starter who can anticipate and respond to needs, challenges and changes facing our communal organizations. Ability to thrive and respond in a fast-paced environment is essential.
- Establish mechanisms for prioritizing optimization efforts for key networks. Collaborate with VP of Partnerships & Services on design and roll out of group purchasing and shared services with key networks including synagogues, day schools and social services and educational organizations.
- Serve as the point person and primary resource for inquiries/requests related to shared services/group purchasing for the CJP ecosystem.
- Develop and guide organizational leaders and on-boarding process for shared services/group purchasing opportunities.
- In close coordination with Senior Analyst, use data to develop solutions that benefit the ecosystem, encourage collaboration, and reflect best practices in operational areas.
- Explore potential new opportunities for the ecosystem, including the possibility for CJP to provide access to health insurance and HR/benefits supports for organizational partners.
- Work closely and in partnership with CJP Finance, Operations and Human Resources team members and others as needed.
- Develop in concert with the Marketing/Communications team, messaging and resources to support efforts related to community collaboration initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with the other members of the Partnerships & Services Team and participate in monthly team meetings and others as needed.
- Lead exploratory M&A efforts among CJP’s community organizations and coordinate with external consultants as needed.
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
- BA/BS required. Master’s degree preferred in Business Administration or related field
- 7-10 years of relationship/partner management experience, consulting and/or operations experience.
- 3+ years of management experience
- Knowledge of partnership agreements, strategic planning, operations/facilities management.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to interpret budget/financial data, cost/savings analyses.
- Excellent communication skills, including experience presenting to management.
- Must be well organized, flexible, and able to manage multiple challenging projects simultaneously in a face-paced environment.
- Must have a collaborative working style and ability to build strong relationships with people at all levels throughout the organization.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes and shifting priorities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
CJP offers that rare opportunity to tap your skills, talents, and experience to benefit a greater good while you grow professionally. You will work in a dynamic environment, with a diverse group of individuals who share your commitment and enthusiasm. Together, you will make a difference for Jews and non-Jews in Greater Boston and worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a collegial, family-friendly work and team environment.
For more information about CJP, go to www.cjp.org.
Please use this link to apply: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=3402929
CJP conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
CJP is an equal opportunity employer.People with disabilities, women, veterans, black, indigenous and people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.