Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. We bring together the resources, volunteers, leadership, and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and ensure a vibrant Jewish future. Together, we're helping struggling families find financial stability, making Jewish learning relevant and inclusive, connecting the next generation to Jewish life, and so much more. Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners and leaders who help make Greater Boston’s Jewish community a welcoming home. It’s this energy and commitment that drive CJP’s mission. We are one of Boston's oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations and we are currently seeking a Senior Director, Organizational Strategy.
The Senior Director, Organizational Strategy will be responsible for operationalizing and directing the rollout of CJP’s Strategic Plan and strategic practices. Reporting to the COO, the Senior Director will ensure the strategic alignment of CJP’s Organizational Goals and Balanced Scorecard, with the mission and vision of the organization, and help prioritize the initiatives that will have the most impact and value for the Jewish community. Partnering with the Executive Team and Leadership Team members s/he will help create robust strategic plans for each function of the organization; these plans will be founded upon a comprehensive blend of data analytics, customer insights, competitive analysis, and financial analysis. S/he will ensure accountability for the strategic plans through the establishment of governance, performance metrics, reporting and analytics.
Additionally, the Senior Director will oversee the Project Management Office and work with the Director of the PMO to plan the necessary and appropriate capability and resource capacity to successfully achieve CJP’s goals. Together they will prioritize the key initiatives across the organization, aligning them to strategic imperatives and overseeing their execution.
- Operationalizes and manages the execution of the Strategic Plan and all organizational strategic initiatives through the development of work plans, gathering and generation of relevant data, driving analyses, and the development of actionable recommendations.
- Provides short and long-term strategic recommendations to the executives that are accountable for developing and capitalizing upon business opportunities.
- Establishes performance measures that will determine the effectiveness of implemented strategies and identifies areas for strategic improvement.
- Partners with the business’s executives and stakeholders in order to evaluate overall performance against targets and make necessary adjustments as is necessary.
- Drives quarterly strategic reviews with focus on work of cohort leaders, content experts and Regional Directors.
- Establishes/strengthens the Balanced Scorecard (KPIs) that the business will measure performances against and determines the effectiveness of the implemented strategies.
- Defines potential business models and provides insightful quantitative analysis in order to realize strategic impact opportunities.
- Develops and implements strategic and analytical tools and processes that can be leveraged across the organization.
- Drafts regular analysis reports for senior management and relevant stakeholders for decision making purposes.
- Establishes collaborative and trusting relationships with the business’s key internal leaders and stakeholders in order to ensure that there is a free flow of ideas and information across the business, leading to suitable strategy formulation and overall business performance enhancement.
- Collaborates across the organization with top leadership, aiding in individualized strategy formulation for different projects and initiatives.
- Oversees the Project Management Office and ensures strategic alignment of all initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
- MBA or equivalent graduate work preferred
- 5-7 years working directly for members of a senior management team, in a similar position, responsible for overseeing, driving, promoting and measuring successful customer acquisition, engagement, and donor strategies.
- Experience in…
- Leading strategic planning for an organization
- Working in matrixed organization, managing project management teams which include both formal and informal reporting lines
- Working across the organization and aligning others around shared understandings of the community and its various segments
- Developing others in strategic planning and management
- Analyzing customer experiences and growing customer engagement, including data and tracking, communications, feedback and organizational change, segmentation
- Providing disruptive and innovative solutions – identifying and creating new models for engagement both in CJP and across the community
- Facilitating consensus across senior teams to drive organizational strategies
- Developing and managing high performing teams
- Ability to think and plan strategically to align organizational strategies with the mission, vision and values
- Ability to define and refine business strategies with a specific focus on designing and implementing new strategic approaches, ideas, and processes that will grow the business and avail measurable results
- Ability to manage and evaluate overall performance against targets and make necessary adjustments
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally to achieve goals
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to influence without direct authority
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes and shifting priorities
- Ability to generate and champion new ideas, approaches, and initiatives, and create an environment that nurtures and supports innovation
- Demonstrated understanding of the customer segments of CJP and the services that are being provided to meet their needs and interests
- Experience working with the Greater Boston Jewish community a plus
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, creative, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong personal commitment to the CJP mission a plus
CJP offers that rare opportunity to tap your skills, talents, and experience to benefit a greater good while you grow professionally. You will work in a dynamic environment, with a diverse group of individuals who share your commitment and enthusiasm. Together, you will make a difference for Jews and non-Jews in Greater Boston and worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a collegial, family-friendly work and team environment.
For more information about CJP, go to www.cjp.org.
Please use this link to apply: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2558159
CJP conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
CJP is an equal opportunity employer.People with disabilities, women, veterans, people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.