Position Title: Sales Counselor
Reports To: Chief Marketing Officer
Campus: Shillman House located in Framingham, MA
Compensation: Exempt, $76k annually
Full-time, benefits eligible
2Life Communities provides superior housing to older adults of all backgrounds who can thrive independently within a supportive environment. We are a mission-driven organization with a vision whereby all older adults have the opportunity to age in community – to live a full life of connection and purpose in a dynamic and supportive environment. We are continually evolving support services to meet the needs of our diverse residents as they age; we partner with health care providers to identify innovative ways to support residents’ overall health and well-being, and we engage with the broader community through our Village Center program. We have five campuses in metropolitan Boston and plans for additional housing for older adults soon.
With Opus, we will expand our work to include developing market-rate communities designed to serve older adults who don’t qualify for our subsidized programs but aren’t comfortable with the high-end options currently in the market. The Sales Counselor focuses on maintaining occupancy and pipeline for the market rate residences within 2Life’s affordable housing portfolio, particularly at Shillman House, which has our most significant number of market-rate apartments.
Here at 2Life, we also offer a very rich benefit plan which for individuals adds 27% on top of the base pay and over 30% for employee +1 and families. Our rewards program includes but not limited to:
• Robust medical and dental plan
• Employer-paid life and AD&D, STD, and LTD insurance
• 401(k) plan
• Paid vacation
• Paid holidays
• 2 floating holidays
• And more!
The Sales Counselor is responsible for the sale of market-rate apartment residences to qualified seniors. This person must be an effective communicator with the ability to work with seniors to explain the concept and benefits of living in a community and assist them in making the best decision for their future retirement living plans. This person directly reports to the Chief Marketing Officer and is also accountable to the Executive Director of Shillman House to represent the Shillman House culture and team in their sales efforts for the community. They will work within systems established for 2Life sales across the entire organization and will be responsible for maintaining a quality CRM database and meeting established sales objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS*
• Represents 2Life and its communities positively and accurately to prospective residents
• Responds promptly to leads such as walk-ins, phone calls, website inquiries, and event attendees
• Gathers insight on prospects, shares information about the community, and schedules appointments.
• Meets with prospects for one-on-one appointments and follows the 2Life principles of sales, expertly building rapport, discovery, qualifying, presenting, countering objections, closing, post-close follow-up, and retention.
• The Sales Coordinator builds long-term relationships with prospective depositors/residents and their families and advisors. Develops a pipeline of sales to fill vacancies quickly, maintaining optimal occupancy.
• Manages required touchpoints with prospective depositors/residents/families through the SalesForce CRM. Enters information into SalesForce consistently and effectively according to protocols. Utilizes CRM tools such as lead score and data append effectively to enhance sales. Runs and evaluates reports as needed.
• Maintains phone and personal contact, including written communication such as personal notes, birthday cards, or email
• Responsible for moving the sales forward with proactive communications
• Generates and nurtures strong and committed sales through move-in. Assures completion of all necessary documents and forms. Routes paperwork and collects payments as required. Completes and distributes required records and reports.
• Monitors and assists with the options/upgrade and move-in processes to maintain depositor satisfaction
• Seeks opportunities to cross-market all 2Life product offerings
• Complies with the following average monthly goals: 200 completed calls per month (ten outbound voice-to-voice calls per day), Fifteen personal appointments per month, three sales per month, and 200 Prospect emails or letters per month.
• Participates in sales training and other instruction as requested.
• Maintains confidentiality and respects the rights and dignity of residents and prospective residents.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor.
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• 5+ year’s successful sales experience, preferably in senior living.
• High energy and happiness in a fast-paced environment.
• Comfortable with both people and data.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Dedicated to timely and complete CRM data entry and utilizing tech-based sales intelligence – lead scoring and digital tracking – to support closing sales.
• Comprehension of virtual and telephone sales techniques.
• Motivated to close sales and to serve the best interests of the prospective resident.
• Organized and efficient multi-tasker.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Suite, Google Workspace, database software, digital and social media platforms.
2Life Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to inclusive excellence and strives to create the finest affordable housing in the world through the collaboration of diverse, talented individuals. We encourage women, people of color, and applicants from the LGBTQIA+ community to apply.
The above statements intend to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to do this job. The above does intend to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
Qualifications: 3-5 years of experience.