Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. Ranked by BBJ as Massachusetts’ largest non-profit organization – CJP is a philanthropic investor and mobilizer of people, resources, and skills that make a bigger difference locally and globally. We focus on making Jewish life and learning accessible to all individuals and families in Boston and beyond. We thoughtfully invest in the care and well-being of all community members. And we provide stability and growth to nonprofit organizations and institutions that underpin our community. Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners, and leaders who help make Greater Boston’s Jewish community a welcoming home. It’s this energy and commitment that drive CJP’s mission. We are one of Boston's oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations and we are currently seeking a Senior Project and Operations Analyst, Strategy & Operations.
Reporting to the Director, Budget and Operations, the Senior Project and Operations Analyst manages and contributes to critical projects across Strategy & Impact and Finance. This role provides flexible project and operational support and will also require liaising with other departments across a matrixed organization.
In addition, the Senior Project and Operations Analyst will partner closely with the Director of Budget and Operations and the Senior Financial and Strategy Analyst, on important projects through the year, including but not limited to: annual budget development, grant agreements and notifications to partner organizations, reporting as requested (internal and external), staff on/offboarding, as well as process development, enforcement and maintenance, communication tog budget and relationship managers, and key tasks related to grant management and budgeting software. Additionally, s/he will translate and operationalize high-level strategic ideas and decisions, including organizing and categorizing budgets and grant lines to reflect strategies as needed.
Finally, the Senior Project and Operations Analyst will work closely with the Director, Budget and Operations and Associate Vice President, Strategy and Impact on important projects and communications related to the Board of Directors and Commission on Strategic Priorities.
- Serve in a key role on the Budget and Operations team to execute both day-to-day budget and operational responsibilities and manage key projects, particularly during times of organizational transition and annual and multi-year budget planning cycles.
- Communicate effectively with donors, agencies, and other key external stakeholders in response to funding and transaction questions.
- Maintain schedule for assigned projects to ensure work is delivered on time and on budget.
- Project manage communications and deliverables as related to annual budgeting preparation and cycle.
- Meeting prep and support for donor meetings as needed.
- Familiarity with the project budgets and maintain responsibility for helping to ensure expenses are correctly accounted for.
- Design and lead staff on/offboarding and training on day-to-day and project specific/timebound processes.
- Serve as budget related subject matter expert for assigned priority area within Strategy & Impact to provide detailed support and expertise.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned with or without accommodation.
- B.A. or equivalent
- 3-5 years of related experience managing projects, developing high-quality presentations and written communications, and performing key budget and operational responsibilities.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally and thrive in a matrixed organization
- Extremely strong communication skills, with particular competency in creating compelling presentations and written materials
- Experience executing a variety of budget and operational activities, creating and navigating budget reports
- Technical expertise with utilizing budget software
- Strong relational and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to thrive in a dynamic, high-energy environment
- Capable of working independently as well as collaboratively
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with staff, volunteer leaders, community organization staff
- Ability to manage and actualize projects, juggle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes and shifting priorities
- Proficient in Windows environment, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet
- Commitment to CJP’s mission
- Availability for evening and/or weekend events/meetings
- Ability to travel to outside meetings and sites
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods, much of which will be working at a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
CJP offers that rare opportunity to tap your skills, talents, and experience to benefit a greater good while you grow professionally. You will work in a dynamic environment, with a diverse group of individuals who share your commitment and enthusiasm. Together, you will make a difference for Jews and non-Jews in Greater Boston and worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a collegial, family-friendly work and team environment.
For more information about CJP, go to www.cjp.org.
Please use this link to apply: https://secure6.saashr.com/ta/6178095.careers?ShowJob=419850643
CJP conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
CJP is an equal opportunity employer.People with disabilities, women, veterans, black, indigenous and people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.