The Rashi School, the Boston Area’s Reform Jewish Independent School, serving students in grades K-8 seeks a Social Worker for the 2021-2022 school year. The Social Worker will join a high functioning Learning Team led by an Educational Coach with extensive experience as a special educator in both public and private schools.
The Rashi School is differentiated by rigorous academics (both Jewish and secular), differentiated instruction, and a commitment to social justice. Rashi faculty are collaborative, committed to ongoing professional growth, and promote risk taking, flexibility, adaptability, empathy and resilience in their students. We seek to employ faculty and staff with diverse backgrounds who model these traits for our students and are eager to support Rashi in fulfilling its mission.
● Provide direct service to students considered to be tier 2 or 3
● Student and family assessment
● Individual counseling
● Small group counseling
● Family support (including home visits as needed)
● Crisis intervention
● Providing referral services
● Acting as the liaison for information sharing between home, school, and collateral service providers
● Consultation to teachers and administrators regarding evidence-based practices in the realm of mental health challenges including positive behavior supports
● Overseeing data collection and implementation of behavior plans
● Lead weekly counseling team meetings and participate in monthly consultations with the Consulting Psychiatrist
● Attend grade level meetings as needed
● Consult to the Admissions Decision Committee
Qualifications and Attributes:
● Masters Degree in Social Work
● 3 to 5 years experience in school setting with students in grades K-8
● Familiarity with Responsive Classroom preferred.
● Able to sit, stand, type, twist, bend.
● Able to use telephone and computers.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
To apply, send resume, letter of interest, and list of professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability insurance, retirement plan, generous paid time off, and student tuition considerations.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + Advanced Degree Required and 3-5 years of experience.