Epstein Hillel School (EHS), a vibrant and progressive K-8 Jewish day School in Marblehead, MA, seeks a full-time IT/Tech Coordinator who is an expert in the field and passionate about education. EHS has an Apple school ecosystem which provides 1:1 iPads to all students, and MacBooks to each faculty/staff member. The ideal candidate is a self starter and self-learner who has the following qualifications:
● Prior experience working in a K-12 setting
● Effective written and verbal communication skills
● Strong analytical, organizational, process, and problem-solving skills
● Technical knowledge in the fields of computer science, computer education, and the broad range of technologies used in multimedia environments.
● Ability to support and provide training to a diverse population of faculty, staff, and students with varying levels of technical skills and knowledge
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Manages, installs and oversees the EHS internet and wifi network, server, telephone system, firewall, security system, backups, cloud infrastructure and computers (Apple, PC, Chromebooks)
● Manages, installs and oversees other building technology equipment including: AV equipment, printers & copiers, weather station, projectors, interactive whiteboards, etc.
● Maintains all technology software and subscription accounts e.g. Apple, Comcast, Verizon and Google.
● Serves as the liaison with vendors for repairs and software support.
● Account administrator for Google Workspace for Education (Gmail, Drive, Docs etc) and the Google user database.
● Account administrator for Mosyle (MDM) and management of the school owned Apple devices (iPads, MacBooks, iMacs, Apple TVs)
● Account administrator for Achieve (SIS) - Admissions, Student and Employee database
● Account administrator for Zoom EDU account
● Account administrator for Moodle - School CMS parent interface
● Domain and account administrator for our WordPress school website - epsteinhillel.org
● Maintains software updates and upgrades for computer and tablet devices
Faculty/Staff, Student & Parent Support
● Troubleshoots, diagnoses and repairs all OS & iOS devices, and PCs & Chromebooks as needed.
● Provides short and long term “help desk” assistance to staff, students and parents, and maintains a record of problem resolution
● Serves as primary contact for all technology issues that arise in the classroom (AV, Google Classroom, Google Drive, wifi, printing, Smartboards, projection)
● Updates inventory and maintains the equipment loaner check-out system
● Updates, informs and implements the Epstein Hillel Acceptable Use Agreement for students and staff
● Works with the Director of Finance and Operations to update the school’s Handbook policies and procedures in Technology.
● Collaborates and teaches technology related classes with the Library Media Specialist in subjects such as Digital Citizenship, internet safety & security, device utilization, keyboarding, video production, as well as Apps, such as DoInk and Google Sites
● Assists the STEM Coordinator in the maintenance and upkeep of the Sulman Innovation Center
● Operates and maintains STEM related hardware such as 3D printers, laser printers, vinyl cutters, Kibos, Lego robotics, etc.
● Oversees Technology budget in coordination with the Director of Finance and Operations
● Plans and purchases hardware & software to meet the needs of the staff and faculty
Off hours, evenings and weekends
● Ensures plans are in place for technology issues that may arise during off-hours or when away from school
● Available after school hours to address planned hardware technology needs and/or deal with emergencies, network or otherwise
● Everything Apple - e.g. OS, iOS, AirPlay, Apple TV, iMovie, Apple School Manager, ecommerce, VPP, appropriate adapters
● Google Workspace for Education administration and use of apps in the classroom
● Enterprise wifi (Ubiquiti Unifi platform)
● Server, network and switching technologies: DHCP, DNS, VLANs, fiber optic
● SonicWall firewall (UTM) and VPN technologies
● Mosyle Manager (or equivalent MDM)
● SIS Administration (e.g. Blackbaud, Veracross, Achieve)
● Moodle (or equivalent CMS)
● Cyber security software, applications & training
● Virus & malware software applications
● Security camera and surveillance systems
● AV technology (SmartBoards, Smart Notebook, Zoom administration and application, projectors, audio soundboard, speaker & amplifiers, etc.)
● Website maintenance - WordPress, HTML and Elementor
● Telephony technologies including both VOIP and premise base NEC
● Windows 10 and PC maintenance
● Microsoft Office 365 and Server 2019 administration
● 3D Printers, Laser Printers, Vinyl Cutters and associated software
● Virtual classroom & meeting technologies and peripheral equipment
● Classroom teaching experience preferably with grades K-8.
● Bachelor’s Degree required and Masters in Educational Technology preferred
● Apple and Google Certification
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Epstein Hillel School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or military service in its hiring, employment or other programs and activities.
Salary to be determined based on experience and education. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and list of three references via email with the subject line “Technology Coordinator” to the Director of Finance and Operations, Michael Slater - firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree Required.