Temple Ner Tamid, Peabody, MA
Who We Are
We are a warm, welcoming, and inclusive community dedicated to Jewish value, family, worship, learning, and social action. We are proud to partner with local organizations and initiatives that reflect the values of the Conservative movement. Through fulfillment of mitzvot, we provide opportunities for meaningful living for our synagogue members. We welcome families and individuals of all Jewish backgrounds, as well as interfaith and LBGTQ individuals and families. Temple Ner Tamid is the place where everyone is welcomed and can belong.
The Office Administrator will ensure smooth running of our office on a day-to-day basis. He/She will organize and coordinate administrative duties for our temple and religious school. This person must possess excellent communication and relationship skills, is detail oriented, tech savvy, a natural self-starter, and have a strong work ethic.
• Answer all incoming telephone calls, mail, and emails: triage as needed.
• Provide administrative assistance to the lay leadership, Rabbi, and religious school Director.
• Receive payments, temple fees, school tuition payments, donations, and prepare appropriate acknowledgement letters.
• Manage Zoom meetings
• Perform general office tasks including, but not limited to: mailing, copying, file/archive maintenance, and creating documents.
• Manage/update congregational database.
• Prepare weekly temple-based electronic bulletins and monthly calendar website updates.
• Provide event planning support including scheduling, preparing fliers/ads/other publicity, registering participants, and assisting in facility set-up.
• Assist Rabbi and Board of Directors in their effort to support congregational volunteers, as needed.
• Support bookkeeper and Board Treasurer, as needed.
• Maintain inventory of office supplies.
• Maintain required building security protocols.
Compensation and Benefits
• Salary range $15-$22/hour - Commensurate with experience
• Paid time off for Federal Holidays
• Paid 2 weeks’ Vacation time
• Paid 5 Sick days.
• Flexible Schedule and Hours
• College degree preferred or equivalent experience in administrative support (five years of experience preferred)
• Demonstrated excellent organizational, interpersonal (both written and oral communication) and writing skills.
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, technology (e.g., ZOOM), website posting, electronic communication (such as e-newsletters, emails, etc.). Comfortable using Constant Contact and other related communication systems.
• Self-motivated with ability to multi-task and work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to communicate in a positive, enthusiastic, and professional manner with a diverse group of members, visitors and vendors.
• Flexibility to accept new responsibilities and direction, as needed.
• Open to learning about Jewish religion, culture, and identity
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree Preferred and 6-9 years of experience.