Yachad New England, Program Staff Job Description – Immediate Openings
Yachad New England, a regional division of Yachad/The National Jewish Council for Disabilities has immediate openings for energetic individuals to join our program staff part-time. This is a great opportunity for college or graduate students, those seeking afternoon and early evening employment. Sunday opportunities are available as well. We are a growing regional branch of a well-respected national non-profit that promotes inclusion of individuals with disabilities in the Jewish community. Our goal is to provide inclusive social and recreational programs to children, youth, and adults with special needs, providing fun and friends. The Yachad Community Center is located in Brookline, MA. Multiple positions available.
Program Staff work directly with individuals with mild to moderate developmental and intellectual disabilities, assisting and supporting them to engage in social recreational programs successfully, safely and happily. Programs include art, music, cooking, bowling and more. Program Staff assist participants to develop social skills and to build relationships with peers, volunteers and staff. Program Staff work as a team with fellow staff members, program coordinators, interns and volunteers in implementing programs and making activities fun. Program staff work on a variety of inperson programs including week day series, Sundays, special event programs or community wide events.
Salary range: $18-$28/per hour based on experience.
• Program staff will be assigned a portfolio of programs and special events to work on as part of the staff team.
● Program staff participate fully in all activities during the program time to support its implementation and as a role model for Yachad participants. Staff will:
● Help to facilitate transportation during and after program time.
● Ensure that best practices in health and safety policies and procedures are implemented.
● Communicate regularly with the Program Coordinator about observations, concerns, successes, ideas for improvement, program supply needs.
● Accompany participants on community trips outside of the Yachad Community Center.
● Display proper dress which is modest and professional attire.
● Display proper language, attitude and character skills.
● Be open to instructions and feedback about job performance from the Program Coordinator.
● Attend required staff meetings and trainings, including team meetings and individual supervision.
● Represent Yachad New England positively to the community, at all times.
● Participate in regional programs and activities throughout the year including; holiday celebrations, fundraising events, and the Yachad New England Gala.
Qualifications and Skills:
● Bachelor degree in related field preferred, or experience working in human services.
● Preference for experience with individuals with disabilities
● High School Diploma or equivalency with experience working with people or in human services also acceptable.
● Ability to pass CPR, Basic First Aid and other trainings, required within 90 days of employment.
● Ability to be flexible in schedule
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Competence in computer skills and Microsoft Office applications, and ability to learn additional OU based online resources.
● Knowledge and comfort with zoom and other online platforms
● References and backgroung check are required.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to Laura Butler, ButlerL@ou.org. No phone calls please.