Name: Rabbi Darby Jared Leigh
Organization/Employer: Congregation Kerem Shalom
Describe your career in one sentence.
I am honored to be able to utilize Jewish wisdom to help create caring communities with intellectual honesty and spiritual depth that can be a force for good in the world.
What was your favorite way to give back this year?
In my work, I am so grateful to be able to give back every day. The annual "Mitzvah Day One" at Kerem Shalom always makes giving back spirited and meaningful. Being invited to speak with rabbinical students at Hebrew College was also a highlight.
What other organizations, boards, charities, etc. are you a part of?
- Rabbis Without Borders; An initiative of CLAL: The National Jewish Center for Learning and Leadership
- The Reconstructionist Rabbinical Association
- The Massachusetts Board of Rabbis
- Concord's Interfaith Clergy Fellowship
Just a few of my fun facts are…
- I toured professionally as a lead actor with the National Theater of the Deaf…and I performed on stage with rock bands Jane’s Addiction and Twisted Sister!
- I was featured in the Emmy-nominated televised documentary, “A Place for All: Faith and Community for Persons With Disabilities.”
- I am a passionate snowboarder and was asked to compete for the US Deaf-Olympics Snowboarding Team.