Name: Robin Cohen
Occupation: Associate Director of Annual Giving
Organization/Employer: Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston
Describe your career in one sentence.
Ensuring every kid has a great childhood by making connections that make a difference.
What was your favorite way to give back this year?
Celebrating my 7 years of friendship with Dimitriy through Jewish Big Brothers Big Sisters (JBBBS), and high-fiving Sammy—a very shy but dedicated Boys & Girls Club member—after he overcame his fear of public speaking and shared the Club's impact on his life.
What other organizations, boards, charities, etc. are you a part of?
- Board of Directors and Friend2Friend MAGIC volunteer at JBBBS
- Friend2Friend Advisory Board Co-chair at JBBBS
- Charlestown Clubhouse Tutor at Boys & Girls Club of Boston
- Alumni Association, GOLD Council and Class Agent, Clark University
- Eser leader and Eser Program Committee member
Just a few of my fun facts are…
- I am a proud alumna of Clark University, where I received my bachelor's and master's degrees, after initially refusing to get out of the car for my college tour.
- I ran thirteen 5k's in 2013 and love nothing more than a themed spin class (Beyoncé vs. Whitney Houston being my favorite).
- I donated my 30th birthday to charity and asked friends to donate to the "Robin's Fund for the Young While Getting Old," which raised more than $3,000 for two incredible youth serving organizations in Boston.