Who We Are
We’re 18Doors, a fast-paced, national Jewish nonprofit with a collegial, warm organizational culture and entrepreneurial spirit. We are the only national Jewish non-profit laser focused on understanding, connecting with and communicating the needs of Jewish interfaith couples and families. We’re growing quickly, with a budget of about $3 million and staff and rabbinic fellows in 23 communities around the country and in Canada. 18Doors has a website full of essays, advice, resources and recipes; programs for interfaith couples and families; a Jewish clergy referral service; rabbinic fellowship program and professional development for Jewish leaders, professionals and organizations—all focused on helping couples and families to connect and build the Jewish life they want. We want our team to reflect the diversity of our world, and of the Jewish interfaith couples and families who we work with.
Who You Are
You are good-natured, highly organized, super detail-oriented, calm under pressure and collaborative, and thrive in a fluid, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment. You know your way around managing an office and the schedule and demands that come with running a small but growing national organization. You inspire confidence with your discretion, excellent time management, executive functioning and communication skills, are proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and have experience with programs such as Zoom, Doodle, Expensify, Asana, Salesforce and Canva, or are willing and able to learn them and other new technology. You are able to effectively manage up.
You will work closely with both the CEO and COO, and will maximize the effectiveness of the organization in meeting its goals by providing comprehensive administrative support. You will be responsible for the oversight of the administrative activities of the executive office including, but not limited to: managing administrative functions, the CEO’s schedule and communications; supporting fundraising efforts; planning and executing the logistics of all staff and board meetings; and additional office support.
You will be required to be onsite at our National office in Natick, Mass., at least one day each week until the office reopens fully, then you will be onsite 5 days a week.
We want our team to reflect the diversity of our world, and of interfaith couples and families. 18Doors is committed to diversifying our employees and welcomes applications from those groups that have historically been underrepresented in our organization—people of color, people with disabilities and LGBTQ people.
Responsibilities & Essential Responsibilities
* General organizational support, including handling mail, answering phones, office management, vendor relations, preparation of routine and non-routine correspondence, picking up mail at post office.
* Managing and supporting the work of the CEO including scheduling, email management, meeting support, electronic filing, travel planning.
* Work with the Development staff to assist with fundraising efforts: reconciling monthly income statements, managing donor acknowledgments, and database management.
* Communicate effectively with the Board of Directors and committees; manage the administration, logistics, meetings and follow-up; taking minutes during board and committee meetings.
* Write, proofread and/or edit correspondence as applicable.
* Learn and work with tools like Autopilot, SurveyMonkey, Salesforce and Formstack.
* Assist with event planning for galas, board meetings, staff retreats and other fundraising events.
* Perform other position-related duties and take initiative to complete tasks and projects as required/assigned.
Requires a bachelor’s degree and 5 to 7 years of administrative assistant experience in a corporate, business or law firm environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working within non-profit organization and with interfaith families or Jewish organizations is a plus.
* Must be highly organized and extremely detail oriented.
* Outstanding prioritization skills and time management skills.
* Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and exemplary attention to detail.
* Ability to set priorities, work independently, multi-task with regular interruptions, problem solve, maintain confidentiality and coordinate projects successfully.
* Schedule may include some evening or weekend hours, as needed.
* Proficiency with MS Office required, experience with programs such as Expensify, Asana, Salesforce and Canva preferred, and ability to learn new technologies.
* Comfortable with the ambiguity that sometimes occurs in a fast-paced organization, and flexible enough to meet changing demands.
* Personal commitment to building an inclusive Jewish community a plus.
This is a full-time position located in Natick, MA, and reports to the CEO and COO. We provide a comprehensive suite of benefits, including 100% paid health insurance for the employee; generous time off; short term and long term disability; and 401(k) matching.
Apply online at https://18doors.org/career-detail-administrative-assistant-to-the-ceo-and-coo/
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree Preferred and 3-5 years of experience.