Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. We bring together the resources, volunteers, leadership, and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and ensure a vibrant Jewish future. Together, we're helping struggling families find financial stability, making Jewish learning relevant and inclusive, connecting the next generation to Jewish life, and so much more. Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners and leaders who help make Greater Boston’s Jewish community a welcoming home. It’s this energy and commitment that drive CJP’s mission. We are one of Boston's oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations and we are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant, Missions & Na’aleh.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Assistant, Missions and Na’aleh, performs administrative duties and general clerical support for the Missions and Na’aleh teams, which will include performing various duties as necessary to support members of these teams. The Assistant will report to the Senior Director, Missions and have a dotted line reporting relationship with the Director, Na’aleh.
Missions Team Responsibility:
- Provide administrative and programmatic support to the Missions Team. Responsibilities include correspondence with external constituents, overseas vendors, domestic vendors, CJP’s Constituent Relationship Management system (Blackbaud CRM, known internally as Maven) coding and maintenance, creating mission-appropriate resources, handling virtual and in-person event and meeting logistics, processing and tracking mission payments (receiving and out-going), copying, scanning and faxing, completing expense reports, calendar management.
- Specific project-related tasks include creating excel spreadsheets, tracking budgets, and analyzing various numerical data with high degree of accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrate ability and enthusiasm to respond quickly, courteously, and professionally to internal and external requests in accordance with CJP’s mission.
- In support of team members, meet with them on a regular basis to review current and upcoming projects and to prioritize workload.
- Serve as the project manager on various development related events, including overseeing day-to-day logistics, tracking RSVPs, working across departments against deadlines, and day-of preparation (help with small and large-scale events).
- Review Trip Reports/PM (Potential Mission) coding, etc.
Na’aleh Team Responsibility:
- Oversee registration process of all Na’aleh events, programs, and Israel trips.
- Oversee Na’aleh cohort enrollment, selection, and assignment process.
- Serve as key resource for the Na’aleh team, including logistical management of programs and events.
- Perform administrative tasks, including database maintenance, filing, typing, planning and scheduling meetings and reservations, copying, volunteer and donor phone contact.
- Maintain accurate and complete files and records in efficient and understandable manner.
- Serve as first line of communication for inquiries from donors, community members, Jewish professionals, lay leaders, and outside agencies – appropriately direct all calls and emails.
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-3 years administrative/office experience
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent communication skills
- High proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and databases
- High adaptability with new technological platforms
- Strong interpersonal skills and both verbal and written communication skills
- Aptitude for detail and commitment to accuracy and follow through
- Ability to handle many high-level priorities simultaneously in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to take initiative and proactively move projects forward
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes and shifting priorities
- Ability to author and accurately proofread documents and correspondence
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, detail-oriented, creative, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong customer service skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- Understanding of the Boston Jewish community
- Occasional availability for early morning or evening meetings, virtually or in-person (when appropriate)
- Domestic and international travel as needed
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods, much of which will be working at a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
CJP offers that rare opportunity to tap your skills, talents, and experience to benefit a greater good while you grow professionally. You will work in a dynamic environment, with a diverse group of individuals who share your commitment and enthusiasm. Together, you will make a difference for Jews and non-Jews in Greater Boston and worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a collegial, family-friendly work and team environment.
For more information about CJP, go to www.cjp.org.
Please use this link to apply: https://secure6.saashr.com/ta/6178095.careers?ShowJob=403079302
CJP conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
CJP is an equal opportunity employer.People with disabilities, women, veterans, black, indigenous and people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.