Under the direction and supervision of the Assistant Head of School for Enrollment Management and Student Success, the Admissions Coordinator provides a key role to oversee effective outreach and stewardship of prospective families, and to oversee ongoing refinement and use of the Gann admissions database. The coordinator will demonstrate a high level of discretion, judgment, and strategy in developing components of the Gann admissions program and in advising other members of the team accordingly. The coordinator will serve as key member of the team on items including but not limited to data management and analysis, ongoing content-based contact with prospective students, and select admissions events.
This position is a key element to the success of the Gann Academy admissions efforts and will be the champion of operational excellence for the Admissions team.
This is a 12-month, full-time, in-person position, and will report to the Assistant Head of School for Enrollment Management and Student Success. The salary range is $44,000 and $48,000 annually, depending on experience.
Gann Academy is committed to building an inclusive workplace culture where talented people of widely diverse backgrounds can thrive. We believe the inclusion of diverse perspectives will improve our work and produce better societal and learning outcomes for all. All employees participate in this commitment whether internally, in building a welcoming workplace culture and /or externally, in ensuring inclusive engagement with families, donors, vendors, allies, and others.
- Serve as point person for prospective families, from first inquiry call or email through matriculation. This will begin with planning the family’s visit with the Admissions team and Gann-wide calendar, determining additional appropriate Gann faculty to participate in the tour and interview, and working directly with the family upon arrival to the visit.
- Maintain online inquiry and application process. Determine necessary required content and develop user interface, manage school-wide use of online portal and be sole contact for families during application filing and completion. - -
- Develop standing policy and protocols, while also using family and process knowledge to stray from established policies when appropriate.
- Collaborate with team on planning efforts for Gann Admissions events including budgeting oversight, securing outside vendors, training parent and student volunteers, and booking locations and refreshments.
- Update and present weekly prospective student activity reports on admissions activities for senior leaders and for Gann Trustees.
- Compose, proof, and type a variety of forms, letters, lists, reports, spreadsheets, applications, bulletins, files, folders, and other materials as requested.
- Maintain confidential and positive working relationships with administrators, faculty, staff, students, parents, Board members and donors in accordance with the Director’s strategic and management goals.
- Provide general clerical support as part of the Gann Administrative team, including answering telephone calls and email; greeting visitors and providing information and assistance to callers, visitors, donors, Board members, students, parents, and faculty and staff; and providing front desk coverage as needed.
- Maintain visitor waiting room in a neat and welcoming manner, stocked with appropriate and current admissions materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Two years of admissions experience preferred
- Goal-oriented, high-performing, committed to excellence
- Ability to work effectively with wide range of people— students, parents, faculty, staff, Board members, and community members
- Interest in working collaboratively with team of Admissions and Marketing professionals
- Excellent interpersonal skills, customer service skills, phone and email and etiquette as related to content of and response time
- Understanding of sales cycles and customer service
- A high degree of organization and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a changing, fast-paced environment
- Excited to learn new skills and techniques related to this evolving role
- Possesses strong computer skills in MS Office Suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.; fluent with web-based communication and technology
- Possesses excellent skills in written and oral communication, logistics management, program organization
- Ability to prioritize a number of projects, assimilating information with accuracy and consistent attention to detail and meet schedules and deadlines
- Proven track record of CRM database management
- Understanding of needs for confidentiality and flexibility when managing external relationships
- Self-starter with ability to make thoughtful decisions quickly
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree Required and 0-2 years of experience.