Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. We bring together the resources, volunteers, leadership, and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and ensure a vibrant Jewish future. Together, we're helping struggling families find financial stability, making Jewish learning relevant and inclusive, connecting the next generation to Jewish life, and so much more. Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners and leaders who help make Greater Boston’s Jewish community a welcoming home. It’s this energy and commitment that drive CJP’s mission. We are one of Boston's oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations and we are currently seeking an Assistant, Day Schools/Synagogues and Project Management.
The Strategy and Impact Assistant will support both the Senior Director, Strategic Partnerships, Synagogues and Day Schools; and our Project Management team. The Assistant will engage in dedicated independent as well as directed administrative duties and general clerical support and is responsible for coordinating project and strategy meetings with Jewish day schools and synagogues. This individual will be managing data collection, communications, formatting charts and presentations, and scheduling and will serve as a center-point for the management and coordination of grant oversight, strategy meetings and convenings.
The position requires a high level of professionalism and confidentiality in interactions with staff, outside agencies and volunteer leadership.
- Provides administrative support for internal operations, expense and mileage reports, budgeting, process vendor and consultant invoices and generate check requests for payment.
- Answers telephones; coordinates requests for information; and provides general office support.
- Provides support for external reporting including grant organization and reporting, data collection/analysis relationship building.
- Provides administrative support including preparing meeting materials, meeting coordination and scheduling, editing of data reports, and support as needed
- In keeping with the assigned time for each project:
- Provides strong administrative support: planning and scheduling meetings and reservations; copying and faxing; minute taking; meeting coordination and outreach; preparing personalized grant letters; other administrative duties.
- Responds promptly to the lay leaders involved in all forms of communication and for tracking interactions accordingly.
- Designs PowerPoint presentations, materials, and reports.
- Provides administrative support for project research.
- Maintains spreadsheets and conduct data review with a high degree of accuracy.
- Provides occasional coverage of the CJP main switchboard in operator’s absence.
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of administrative assistant experience or equivalent, with experience performing independent projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Familiarity working with database systems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Effective interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills
- Aptitude for detail and commitment to accuracy and follow through
- Ability to author, accurately edit, and proofread documents and correspondence
- Ability to work on independent projects, manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment maintain confidentiality and to respond resourcefully under varying conditions
- Superior customer service and telephone etiquette
- Efficient, productive and proactive in a fast-paced environment
- Basic math/accounting skills are a must
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes and shifting priorities
CJP offers that rare opportunity to tap your skills, talents, and experience to benefit a greater good while you grow professionally. You will work in a dynamic environment, with a diverse group of individuals who share your commitment and enthusiasm. Together, you will make a difference for Jews and non-Jews in Greater Boston and worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a collegial, family-friendly work and team environment.
For more information about CJP, go to www.cjp.org.
Please use this link to apply: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2541827
CJP conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
CJP is an equal opportunity employer.People with disabilities, women, veterans, people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.