Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. We bring together the resources, volunteers, leadership, and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and ensure a vibrant Jewish future. Together, we're helping struggling families find financial stability, making Jewish learning relevant and inclusive, connecting the next generation to Jewish life, and so much more. Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners and leaders who help make Greater Boston’s Jewish community a welcoming home. It’s this energy and commitment that drive CJP’s mission. We are one of Boston's oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations and we are currently seeking a Creative Director
The Creative Director will lead a team of talented designers in shaping and advancing the CJP brand. The Creative Director will be responsible for establishing and maintaining a brand identity that inspires, engages, and motivates action.
The Creative Director brings both a creative and strategic mindset, working across the organization and with our partners to achieve common goals, uphold brand standards and consistently move CJP forward in our vision of building a thriving, engaged community. They will foster a culture of creative problem solving, following through on projects from conception to execution to analyzing outcomes and next steps.
- Develop the creative vision for the CJP brand. Together with the AVP Brand Marketing and the Chief Marketing Officer, define and roll out the next generation of the CJP brand look and feel.
- As both team leader and contributor, champion the development, execution, and results of awareness, engagement and brand campaigns.
- Manage, mentor and inspire a team of designers. Bring your passion for innovation and creativity to encourage innovation on the creative team and throughout CJP.
- Deliver high-quality strategic campaigns and assets across digital, print and interactive, that achieve or surpass objectives.
- Guide creative process from start to finish, working closely with Marketing strategists, Content, Brand, PR and Digital teams.
- Own CJP Style Guide in partnership with the Associate Creative Director, Copy, ensuring that it is kept current and adhered to by CJP staff and partners.
- Work across the Brand team, partnering with the Associate Creative Director, Copy and the Director of Content Strategy to create compelling and immersive brand experiences.
- Ensure that all creative work - produced within CJP, through external agencies and freelancers, and through our partners – aligns with brand guidelines, strategy and is scalable across all channels.
- Lead the creative team in translating CJP’s brand positioning, objectives and goals into creative strategies that generate results.
- Build and manage the creative process, establish priorities, effectively manage workflows, and develop channels for communicating to all stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
- BA/BFA or equivalent experience
- At least 5-7 years in a creative leadership position, in-house or agency
- Prior experience managing staff required
- Demonstrated track record of developing and executing successful digital, print, and interactive strategies and programs.
- Proficient in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. Must possess a solid understanding of photography, illustration, printing, print and interactive design, and editing. Direct or managerial experience in video production and editing.
- Passion for managing teams and helping to develop and grow teams
- Data-driven, strategic thinker and doer who can define a vision and execute against it
- Ability to lead, influence, and challenge others
- Ability to direct and prioritize a workload in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Relationship builder, demonstrating an ability to listen and respond to a wide variety of constituencies.
- Ability to forecast, track, and manage to budget.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes and shifting priorities.
CJP offers that rare opportunity to tap your skills, talents, and experience to benefit a greater good while you grow professionally. You will work in a dynamic environment, with a diverse group of individuals who share your commitment and enthusiasm. Together, you will make a difference for Jews and non-Jews in Greater Boston and worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a collegial, family-friendly work and team environment.
For more information about CJP, go to www.cjp.org.
Please use this link to apply: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=3461728
CJP conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
CJP is an equal opportunity employer.People with disabilities, women, veterans, black, indigenous and people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.